Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to, um, LOSE muscle...?

just start cutting.. once you're bf is as low as you like... decrease cal's further and voila... you will lose muscle.

Faller,
I am an injured runner - can you say DEPRESSION!! I am able to treadmill walk and stair master. What do you suggest as I too want to kee body fat down. I usually run between 10-15 a day and have not been able to for 2 weeks - infact I don't think I will be running for a few months. Suggesstions appreciated!

Sounds like you already have a good handle on it. Mind if I ask what kind of injury you have? My fave was the eliptical for when I wasn't actually "running". If you can't keep up you level of activity, you will probably have to lower calories to compensate. If I was in your possition (keeping in mind I don't know your injury) I would just switch to "off season" training which would include very little running, but more hiking, very light weights (high rep), and the bike and eclip.

The best advice I can give is if you want to look like a distance runner, train like a distance runner, and eat whatever the hell you want. I know some endurance athletes, and trust me, if you're running in the 80-100 mile per week range you can eat 10,000 calories a day and still lose everything except your skin and bones.

"Bulky muscle" is the result of two possibilities:

1. Fat and water, which makes it appear "bulky." This is the #1 reason people believe someone is bulky, mostly cause they are just fat (or rather, not at a desirable bodyfat).

2. Genetics. Peoples' muscles will shape up differently depending on bone length and other genetical factors.

Just concentrate on losing fat, and you will be okay.

-sk

erowana said:
How isit even possible for muscle to turn into fat when u stop lifting? Thats not possible.

Yes it is. The amide group is removed via a process (forgot the name, but it's a de-amination), and what's left from the amino acid will convert to fat. It does happen. Do a search on it.

Top Bottom