Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to not work traps

rom_mem

mi traps are groing out of proportion, they seem to grow on there own
i dont hit them directly, but when i do shoulders i can feel them filling with blood and starting to get pumpt up
i dont want them to grow any further, until i get mi shoulders up to par,
i do shoulder presses , side laterals, front raises,
can anyone suggest a fix, meaby changing mi routine ?? could be?
anyone else have this problem

The cause of your trap growth could largely depend on how you perform lateral raises...I never feel much trap involvement from shoulder presses unless we are talking about the lower\mid traps...but I am assuming that you are referring to your upper traps having the growth...

There is really no way to "not work the traps" if you are doing compound movements....they are involved in lots of movements

I think there will be a point when you will stop seeing growth in them...at least I did in mine....now I have to work them directly with shrugs or deadlifts\rack deads to get additional growth

InTraining said:
The cause of your trap growth could largely depend on how you perform lateral raises...I never feel much trap involvement from shoulder presses unless we are talking about the lower\mid traps...but I am assuming that you are referring to your upper traps having the growth...

There is really no way to "not work the traps" if you are doing compound movements....they are involved in lots of movements

I think there will be a point when you will stop seeing growth in them...at least I did in mine....now I have to work them directly with shrugs or deadlifts\rack deads to get additional growth

so i should keep at it, as it is, until they stop groing on there own

rom_mem said:
so i should keep at it, as it is, until they stop groing on there own

Sure...I think that's a good bet...you aren't doing deadlifts or rack pulls by any chance right?

Also on the laterals don't bring your arms above a parallel to the floor level,that will recruit the traps heavily.... if that makes sense...also bring the dumbells out at an angle and "pour water" so to speak from the DB

keep your shoulders down on laterals and dont "pour water" otherwise you will elevate your shoulder blades....which is what traps do. palms forward, shoulders depressed.

bignate73 said:
keep your shoulders down on laterals and dont "pour water" otherwise you will elevate your shoulder blades....which is what traps do. palms forward, shoulders depressed.

Oops...no wonder I have been experiencing so much trap growth from laterals:)

Thanks for correcting me on that one....

InTraining said:
Sure...I think that's a good bet...you aren't doing deadlifts or rack pulls by any chance right?

Also on the laterals don't bring your arms above a parallel to the floor level,that will recruit the traps heavily.... if that makes sense...also bring the dumbells out at an angle and "pour water" so to speak from the DB

stiff legged deadlifts for hams, but not regular deadlifts

Top Bottom