Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to make 4-androstenediol from DHEA

deadlifter79

I was reading a thread posted in this section on how to make testosterone from DHEA on you kitchen sink and noticed that during the process you initially convert DHEA into 5 androstenediol. I was wondering how to get 4 androstenediol.from DHEA this is my favorite prohormone and you can not get it anywhere I would love to be able to produce this myself. TIA for any input.this is my first post @ ELITE FTW!!!

You reflux (boil) 0.6g (notice the decimal point) of sodium hydroxide (crystal clog remover) in 250ml (one quarter Liter) anyhydrous isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) until it dissolves (goes away.) After allowing it to cool to 20C (room temperature) add 5g (no decimal point)or a stoichiometric amount (the same amount of molecules of) DHEA to the mixture. Watch it turn immediately yellow (piss-colored. Isn't refractrometry special?) Bring it to reflux (boil it some more) via microwave irradiation (put it in the microwave on defrost,) for a total of six minutes in 30-90 second increments (half-a-minute to a minute and a half.)

Work up (gettin' the stuff you want out,) is facilitated (done) via aqueous elution (pour COLD water in until it looks like milk. DO NOT DRINK!!!) Set aside (go watch TV) for 30 minutes (half an hour.) Purification (getting the poisonous bits out) is achieved via gravity filtration (use your mom's coffee pot.) Press (wring it out) and dessicate (put in ziplock with the clear kind of kitty litter) until dry.

Note that this procedure produces the largely biologicially inactive Δ-5 system. However, you will have synthesized the aforementioned diol in respectable yield. Conversion to the Δ-4 system is accomplished via reductive oxidation of the 3-hydroxyl system to it's corresponding ketone under mildly acidic conditions. (keto-enol tautomerism is largely responsible for the migration of the double bond, and the intermediary is protonated by the appropriate Brønsted-Lowry acid to yield the desired Δ-4 system.) The resulting 3-enone is then reduced by any number of appropriate means, (lithium-aluminium hydride, catalyitic hydrogenation, or microbial assisted enzymatic synthesis,) to yield your desired prohormone.

Best of luck! Try not to get exploded!

major LOLS from this ancient post. Love the explanations in parenthesis. As if someone who needs a layman's term of 'work up' should be attempting to synthesize hormones at home.

Top Bottom