Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to combine bodybuilding and crossfit?

paintballproam

My goal has always been to bulk up, im 6'3 212lbs and still wanna get up to 250lbs. Im a personal trainer and just recently got certified as a crossfit instructor cuz my boss at the gym wanted to do crossfit classes so she sent me down to get certified.

Classes are going great, huge hit at the gym. The issue is, I like crossfit, the workouts are intense and its awesome what they're capable off. BUT I don't wanna be a lean 200lb guy that kicks ass at crossfit. I still wanna get huge, but id love to get good at the crossfit stuff.

Any ideas how I could do this? Im on cycle right now, test/Deca. Bulking up very well also. So any serious input would be great!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

If I had to do it, then I would do crossfit twice a week or so in the mornings to get my metabolism up throughout the day... that way I could fit in more food which would help with muscle gain. It could also work as active recovery.

Once its impacting negatively on your strength then you know you're either a) doing too much crossfit, b) not eating enough or c) a combination of the two

if you're already doing regular cardio I would cut it out and just do the crossfit as your cardio

well it sounds to me like you are really wanting a bodybuilder bulked up look. if that is the case I would focus on bodybuilding. if you do crossfit you will be in great shape but you won't be totally committing to bodybuilding the way you want to.

nothing wrong with doing both, but you won't reach your goal as crossfit has too much cardio.. probably a great idea to someone who is trying to get in shape, but not for an established bodybuilder.

dealing with guys who are swimmers and endurance athletes who are 6 feet and 150 pounds and complain they can't gain weight I can understand your frustration.. nothing wrong with being in shape either way, i was an endurance athlete for 3 years and won numerous races, it was a blast... but now I am 100% committed to bodybuilding and hope to even be competing in a couple years if work allows me the time to do it

I mean I never plan on competing but the bodybuilder look is definitely what I want. I just quickly realized at the seminar/certification class for crossfit, I may have been the biggest, had the strongest 1rm, but when it came time to do the workouts I was dying. I would definitely rather look like a beast that be scrawny but extremely fit. Only thought I really had was train week a=crossfit, week b=bodybuilding? or maybe running a certain type of gear along with an extra weight gainer shake or two?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

^^^i did crossfit for a couple months.. i will say it built up my core and i was sore in places that i would never expect, however it didn't make me stronger or faster... i think a lot of people in the class who were beginners felt it helped them tremendously, but for an established athlete who already benches 330+ and who runs a 21 minute 5K it didn't take me above and beyond those numbers if that makes sense.

i do think it would be great for a bodybuilder who was injured for a while and who wants to condition themselves quickly before messing with weights again. but wouldn't be much help for someone who is established.. IMHO.

Top Bottom