Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How tight is too tight?

d3adH3ad

I lift in the 123's (female) and I just got a new Metal IPF squatter. After spending around 20 min. getting it on, I wrapped my knees, my partner pulled the straps up and they were already tight. I couldn't tighten my own belt, so he did. When I got up to the squat rack, I COULD NOT BEND DOWN ENOUGH TO GET UNDER THE BAR. I literally had to walk around the racks to get in front of the bar. I managed to un-rack the weight, but by this point my body felt numb and I was worried that if I tried to squat, my spine would snap because the suit has like NO GIVE at all. So I re-racked, took down the suit straps, and did my reps.

Now, I've been breaking records for three years in an old Inzer Champion suit and that little number feels like silk pajamas compared to the Metal one. Of course, they don't make the same Champion suit anymore (I've tried the new one and find it chintzy).

Seriously, though, is it possible to hurt your back if a suit is too tight? And why were the straps already tight? Is that typical of Metal?
I'm bummed that the focus of these important workouts is now fighting with a new suit.

I have noticed that if a suit is too tight, it pulls my body forward putting all of the weight on my knees. I think you need to be able to comfortably reach proper depth with half of your 1 rep max on the bar.

Another issue is strap tightness vs. quad, hip, and glute tightness.I don't think it's important to have really tight straps. That' s what pulls you forward and certainly has potential to hurt your back.

I lift in the 123's (female) and I just got a new Metal IPF squatter. After spending around 20 min. getting it on, I wrapped my knees, my partner pulled the straps up and they were already tight. I couldn't tighten my own belt, so he did. When I got up to the squat rack, I COULD NOT BEND DOWN ENOUGH TO GET UNDER THE BAR. I literally had to walk around the racks to get in front of the bar. I managed to un-rack the weight, but by this point my body felt numb and I was worried that if I tried to squat, my spine would snap because the suit has like NO GIVE at all. So I re-racked, took down the suit straps, and did my reps.

Now, I've been breaking records for three years in an old Inzer Champion suit and that little number feels like silk pajamas compared to the Metal one. Of course, they don't make the same Champion suit anymore (I've tried the new one and find it chintzy).

Seriously, though, is it possible to hurt your back if a suit is too tight? And why were the straps already tight? Is that typical of Metal?
I'm bummed that the focus of these important workouts is now fighting with a new suit.

i had the exact same suit a few years back and i DID hurt my back on my first squat attempt of the day at a meet. it was retarded how tight the suit was and how little give it had. it was the right size for me according to metal. i couldnt squat in it at all, took me right out of my groove. i dont know about their single ply ipf gear, im sure their multiply gear is great, tons of guys using it. look into the new titan centurions, by FAR the best single ply squat suit out there right now, i promise youll love it.

Top Bottom