Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much of a pain in the ass is it to own a boat?

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
I was on the lake with some people this weekend and the guy had a pretty nice 24 ft. deep V hull cruiser with cuddy cabin, sleeps 4, toilet, stove, fridge, etc. He told me he only paid $17k for it a couple years ago and it was a 1995 or something. So now Im thinking, it costs that much for a damn harley I want and after being on his boat I would much rather have the boat instead of the bike. Especially since I live close to the coast now, as well as lakes. I think I can get something nice for $20-$25K, 24-30ft deep V hull with cuddy cabin, full galley, maybe even shower. Doesnt have to go super fast, just something good for cruising and hanging out on, maybe even spending a few days overnight on also. I would most likely keep the boat on the lake or at Galveston so I dont have to yank it around. What are the pain in the ass stuff I need to know about owning a boat of this sort? Anything significant about going on the ocean instead of freshwater?

<<< waiting for someone who owns a boat to say, "I'll damn sure sell you mine!"

i wouldn't buy a boat unless i was single and making 200k a year

would probably be more expensive than that, but still. boats are a fuckin pain in the ass man. they'l eat up all your disposable income

and for what? to go out a handful of times a year on them?

my parents own a boat cost like 200k and now they cant get rid of it and its a pain in the ass

well, guess that just about sums it up! LMAO

There is a reaosn for the saying, "The two happiest days in a man's life is the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it!"

There is a reaosn for the saying, "The two happiest days in a man's life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it!"

on a lake I say "boring" on the ocean - the fun is endless - but the upkeep is high, depends what you would be happy with. I fish and just get away sometimes.

You can get yourself a nice boat 17' for fun much cheaper and you can haul it.

superdave said:
I was on the lake with some people this weekend and the guy had a pretty nice 24 ft. deep V hull cruiser with cuddy cabin, sleeps 4, toilet, stove, fridge, etc. He told me he only paid $17k for it a couple years ago and it was a 1995 or something. So now Im thinking, it costs that much for a damn harley I want and after being on his boat I would much rather have the boat instead of the bike. Especially since I live close to the coast now, as well as lakes. I think I can get something nice for $20-$25K, 24-30ft deep V hull with cuddy cabin, full galley, maybe even shower. Doesnt have to go super fast, just something good for cruising and hanging out on, maybe even spending a few days overnight on also. I would most likely keep the boat on the lake or at Galveston so I dont have to yank it around. What are the pain in the ass stuff I need to know about owning a boat of this sort? Anything significant about going on the ocean instead of freshwater?

I grew up in Newport RI... a sailing town. I don't know much about stink pots other than a couple of commercial fishing boats that I worked a few trips on when I was a lot younger. Everything on a boat is expensive and you better love that boat because you will spend every minute cleaning it and maintaining it. My family has a 48' and 32' still in Newport at the Ida Lewis Yacht Club. My nephew lives on the 32 for the summers ( college and grad school now - he bartends summers downtown ) and everyone pitches in to keep the 48 up so we can sail whenever we are in town. This makes it reasonable with 4 of us pitching in and my father paying the yacht club and slip fees.

I also own bikes... I get a lot more use out of them!!!

Top Bottom