Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much fat is too much fat?

salty

I currently am on a keto diet and have a few more questions, I was just wondering how much fat is too much fat for one meal? why I ask is because I had a meal of buffalo wings for supper and even though ther was hardly any carbs maybe 5, there was a lot of fat around 40-50grams I don't know if thats too much. I also take flax seed oil capsules,I have heard that this is not as good as the actual oil but I was not made aware until I had started a new bottle, theres a 1000 milligrams in each cap, I take 9 a day throughout the day. I would also like to know how long a keto diet is recommended if any? :( :confused:

I can't tell you anything about keto diets.

As far as fat in general, stay away from saturated fats and polyunsaturated fats (trans fat) the fats that I would intake would be monounsaturated fats like extra virgin olive oil, cashews, avocado, etc.

Buffalo Wings....good!!!

Salty....

Actually, the problem in a keto diet is not the type of fat and protein you get. Because the whole point is losing the carbs to get into ketosis (sp?), so regardless of what type of fat and protein you eat you will reach that goal. However, eating those types of fat as a mainstay in the diet is not a hot idea because you will be doing damage in terms of your blood pressure and LDL cholesterol levels. However once and a while is certainly acceptable. Stick to stuff like TUNA/Turkey (triptophan!!) when possible (though I know that gets real hard on a keto diet).

Laters...
Snooker

it's a trade off-if you want to cut fat, you must eat alot of fat which over the long term is not healthy in terms of cholesterol-however, you will not BE fat.

Top Bottom