Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you Stiff legged deadlift?

crak600 said:
i keep my back as straight as possible for stiff leg deads. i do the same thing for regular deads as well (you should see how straight my back is for regular deads...amazing). other than that, just like iron and gravity said, feet are pretty narrow, i go maybe shoulder width or narrower, knees are locked, and just stand it up.

if you don't feel comfortable off the floor with them, try them in the power rack. i've been doing them (and beast lifts) on the lowest setting. i don't want to go lower for stiff leg deads because i feel like i'll start to round my back.

Isn't the rounding the back when going very low more a function of flexibility in the hamstrings and hip flexors?

There are a couple of guys at the gym who use the platform and are basically doing a toe touch with the SDLs. Admittedly they're only doing about 135 - 185, but still. I wish I had that kind of flexibility.

that extreme ROM with baby weights isn't going to do much more than improve their flexibilty at the lift.

the stiff leg is one of my better lifts, yesterdays I did 10 with 405 then rest paused 5 more, after squats. last time I posted pics online of my legs people told me my hamstrings were weak so I guess they're not a great lift for muscle development.

squats, leg ext, and then sldl, followed by calf raises is usually how i fit them in. last 2 working sets with 365 x 5. i never go past 90 degrees with that weight - end up using too much lower back

WalkingBeast. I keep a *slight* bend in my knees, but just don't bend the knees up or down from that position while doing the movement.

Make sure you stick your ass BACK out while you're bending down, helps you keep the back straight.

I am up to 275 for 8 reps on my final set of SLDL (bodyweight 153, 5'4"). It is one of my favorite exercises. My best ever was 315 for 8.

Crak, if I did these AFTER my set of 20 rep squats, you may as well cut the weight I've listed for SLDL in HALF. There is no way I could do that. Doing Squats/Deads Back2Back is hardcore!

The funny part is half the time I'm doing them, some guy tries to offer me a weightbelt, says I'm gonna hurt myself deadlifting without a belt, lol.

Anyone have a link to one of the hundreds of articles about why not to deadlift/squat with belts? I'd like to show him.

Top Bottom