Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many times can u bench your weight?

how many times can you bench your body weight???

• 10-20

Votes: 67 50.0%
  • 20-30

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • 30-35

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • more than 35

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
135 x infinity
225 x 50+
255 x 38 (my weight)
315 x 27
oh,did someone mention incline?...let's see
315 x 23
but,don't take my word for it;ask the 40 or so people in the gym that have witnessed these lifts on many occasions. just not all in one training session

most,not all,NFL players are known for their sloppiness of form in the weight room.consequently,that 225x54 is being taken with a large grain of salt by me,for one.
all that said,i do believe that the amount chosen by someone to lift is relative. massive strength is a genetic thing imho

Last edited:
I smell bullshit

im not going to lie, i weifh 185 and push for about 15, give or take a rep depending on how i feel

I think that , if you combine max reps with max one rep you will lose a little on both
like if all you do is max weight for 10 sets of 3-5 reps then you one rep max will be high but if you never train with the lighter weight for reps you will suck at it
I'v seen guys that could hit 525 as a 1 rep max and coulden't get 225 for 15 , but I'v also seen guys that could get 225 for like 25 reps and 135 would crush them , it is all in what you train for.

as for the NFL , alot of guys don't even like to talk about it cause then suck at weights , but on the field they'll rip you head off. I'v had the chance to lift with a few pros in my time , I've seen 300+lb linemen that coulden't bench 400lbs for one rep and then I'v seen some running backs and D-backs that hit the 600lb mark and weigh less that 250. Look at Ricky Williams 250 and some change , he benches in the 650 range , and Junior Seau another on the NFLs strongest and under 250.

Their is alot more that goes into being a NFL quality player , other than being strong , Balance , speed , endurance , vision , desire , and talent . I know a few guys that are strong as fuck but have to sit down to tie their shoes or they'll fall over or can't run to the corner let alone 20 40yd sprints.

so next time you hear that some lineman can only bench his body weight 5 times , and you say "what a pussy , I could take him" You had better step back and think again.

OK , I'm finished ranting , sorry guys , I just hate being under estimated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you fucking kidding me.....??????.......this is fucking hilarious......first my weight 267... bodyfat is 7% I am about two months out from a contest I can hit 225 for about 38...have not tried my bodyweight for max reps.......but on the NFL tip.....I have been in three practice camps....and the NFL has some of the weakest people as far as weight room strength goes.....real world strength is a different story....most of those guys will knock you or me on our asses.......but if anyone on this board thinks Ricky Williams can bench 650 LBS. you are fucking high.....and I have some swamp land in Florida you might want to look at.....have any of you stepped out from behind your keyboard to actually go to a gym....and furthemore have any of you ever tried to get under 650 lbs. I seriously doubt it.....I am losing faith in this board....come Iron Bros help me out.......PEACE:confused:

Top Bottom