Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many sets do you do on chest workouts?

HOw many sets do you do for chest?

• Under 10

Votes: 84 34.1%
  • 10-15

Votes: 96 39.0%
  • 15-20

Votes: 42 17.1%
  • 20+

Votes: 23 9.3%

• Total voters
3 x flat flies
3 x incline flies
3 x decline flies
3 x flat flies
3 x incline flies
3 x decline flies
3 x cable crossovers/peck deck

17 total plus or minus depending how im feeling
5 flat bench 5-10 reps depending on weight
4 weighted dips 10 reps
8 upper lower cables 10-20 reps

ill switch this up soon.

sets id the shit, put your muscles through hell and they get bigger to adapt. I never understood how someone could do more and get less. As long as you get recovery time and & appropriate amount of protein every should be fine.

god damn! Lotta volume guys responding to this.

I do one very heavy, rest-paused working set, and work chest twice a week.

not too many people are DC jockeys like us bro :D

god damn! Lotta volume guys responding to this.

I do one very heavy, rest-paused working set, and work chest twice a week.

That's exactly how I roll most of the year. One working set with 2 to 3 r/p reps at the end. Done correctly, you don't need (nor could you even manage) 4 and 5 work sets per exercise.

Reactions: ceo
That's exactly how I roll most of the year. One working set with 2 to 3 r/p reps at the end. Done correctly, you don't need (nor could you even manage) 4 and 5 work sets per exercise.

exactly! It's doing less (volume) and getting more (progression and gains). Being an ambitiously lazy guy, it sounds perfect to me.

For those that don't know, an example of ambitiously lazy would be, figuring out the most efficient way to do something to obtain the maximum results. Like doing less and getting more.

flat bench 3x6, incline barbell press 3x6, dumbell flat press 3x10 with a very strict squeeze. the dumbell flat press with the squeeze hits the chest hard, i always feel very fatigued after this one.

Top Bottom