Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many of you know what Grappa is?

pintoca said:
I hate that shit.

Grappa di Prosecco is the, to my opinion, the most decent one, followed closely by the Grappa di Chardonnay.

In any case, there are better things to drink, specially once you know how Grappa is made

It's not like it's filtered through head cheese...

I agree though. There are some great Spanish brandies. I miss drinking sometimes.

jnevin said:
It's not like it's filtered through head cheese...

I agree though. There are some great Spanish brandies. I miss drinking sometimes.

Basically every wineyard in north italy will make grappa as well, specially in the Venetto region. Why? Grappa is a byproduct of the destilation of wine. You have no additional costs to make grappa if you are already making wine, so in goes the leftover grapes, seeds, leaves, twigs, EVERYTHING and you work with that basis...

Needless to say, the alcohol content is incredibly high at the beginning of the process and only through repeated destilation you come to a product that is good enough to drink.

Originally a poor-man and camp-laborer drink, it has come a long way.

We went once to a little town called Bassano del Grappa (Vincenza), a shitload to learn about Grappa there, even a museum dedicated to the stuff, including free testing and all...

Pintoca, don't ruin his European high. LOL

Yes, there are better after dinner drinks. I prefer a nice glass of red wine more than anything else. Bailey's is 2nd.

its strong i steal some of my dads every now and then and hop ehe doesnt notice, but im sure he does cause hes a fuckin genius, but most likely doesnt care

Top Bottom