Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many of you are organ donors?

WODIN said:
Poink, you have the absolute worst attitude of any human being on the planet. We're you born purely evil or did you work at it over time?

what makes you say that? im an 'evil human being' because i dont want someone to have that which is mine? just because i may not agree with someone else's diseased value structure, doesnt mean im a bad guy.

Im mostly doing this because I have that rare O type blood

I dont know if its neg or positive but my doc says its rare,I really should give more blood if that is the case

The Canadian Oak said:
Im mostly doing this because I have that rare O type blood

I dont know if its neg or positive but my doc says its rare,I really should give more blood if that is the case

I would guess type O negative. Type O negative is the universal donor blood. You can donate your blood to anyone.

Type AB positive is the universal recipient blood type. You can get a transfusion from anyone.

There was an article in the October issue of Playboy, about donating organs.. Here is the downside to it: before your organs can be used for donation, you have to be declared dead. Usually it takes 5-7 minutes after your heart stops beating, or something like that. BUT, by that time, your heart and liver are salready unusable, because they "go bad" really fast without a fresh supply of oxigenated blood. SO, if you are a donor, the medics will not be trying to bring you back to life for another 5-7 minutes, instead, after 2 minutes they will dissect you, take your organs out, and then you will be gone forever. There was a comment from a surgeon in that article, that the cause of death for many people was the actual organ removal. So before you become all humanitarian and donate your dead body to someone, think about that.

gsxr1000 said:

I would guess type O negative. Type O negative is the universal donor blood. You can donate your blood to anyone.

Type AB positive is the universal recipient blood type. You can get a transfusion from anyone.

That would be it

I will probably donate soon,just havent had motivation to do a damn thing lately

If the organs are rendered UNUSABLE in less than 5-7..
Explain how they are removed, transported hundreds of
miles and then inserted into the recipient just fine many times ?
My Brother in law just got a liver and it was outside the body for several hours....

I realize the organs must be removed quickly after death, but generally they are removed from Head trauma accident victims
where the brain is dead and the body just keeps on ticking for a bit..

This rush getting permission to remove the organs from the grieving family is the tough part.
This is why everyone should already be pre approved and
on the DL as such...

Top Bottom