Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many military people out there?

Alright...I am in the military and face the problems to maintain a proper diet/physical training plan that the average soldier faces.

I am trying to put together some studies on the different militaries PT standards and how they approach mainitining those standards

What I would like from you is some imformation to include:
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc) :)
Branch of service?
Years in service?
Job description?
Age?
Height/weight?
BF%?
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)
goals?
Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?

All help is much appreciated, k for all that helps me, and hats off to all of our service members serving where ever you are serving!

Thanks for your service! I was in the Marines from 87 to 91. I weighed about 150-155 at the time, could run and do lots of pullups. Sorry I can't really help you with your questions, but I did learn how to push myself.

Mike_Rojas said:
Thanks for your service! I was in the Marines from 87 to 91. I weighed about 150-155 at the time, could run and do lots of pullups. Sorry I can't really help you with your questions, but I did learn how to push myself.

Thank you for serving back then, I am sure you gotta see some shit back then.

Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc)
Branch of service? USMC
Years in service? 1.5
Job description? Air Control Electronics Operator
Age? 19
Height/weight? 5'8" 155
BF%? Around 5, I think.
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)bulking, but still not too bulk so I can run.
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)3

goals? I don't know what my phyiscal goals are, I just wanna be healthy,big, and run really fast.

Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Kept(keeps) me running and doing pullups for PFTs. I am now on the reserve side though.

Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?
I have to keep cardio as a priority over muscle mass. This made(makes) it hard to find the energy to lift any other time of the day. Since I dont run like a little bitch, this is pretty tough.

philipusmcr said:
Branch of service? USMC
Years in service? 1.5
Age? 19
Height/weight? 5'8" 155
BF%? Around 5, I think.
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)bulking, but still not too bulk so I can run.
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)3

goals? I don't know what my phyiscal goals are, I just wanna be healthy,big, and run really fast.

Kept(keeps) me running and doing pullups for PFTs. I am now on the reserve side though.

I have to keep cardio as a priority over muscle mass. This made(makes) it hard to find the energy to lift any other time of the
day. Since I dont run like a little bitch, this is pretty tough.

thanx for the input bro, much appreciated. It seems like alot of USMC are here, which is good! thanx for your service bro

the first question was, what countrie do you serve...meaning are you part of the Australian Royal army, Spains army, etc. I figured you are in the United States MC...LOL but thanx again bro, good luck to you

TRUEsoldier said:
Alright...I am in the military and face the problems to maintain a proper diet/physical training plan that the average soldier faces.

I am trying to put together some studies on the different militaries PT standards and how they approach mainitining those standards

Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc) :)
Branch of service?
Years in service?
Job description?
Age?
Height/weight?
BF%?
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)
goals?

All help is much appreciated, k for all that helps me, and hats off to all of our service members serving where ever you are serving!

country of service - Australia
Branch of service - navy [changing over to special forces commandoes]
years of service - 3 [only 17 more till i retire!]
Job description - small weaponary, boarding parties and seamanship
Age - 23
hight/weight - 180 cms/85 kgs
b/f - takin a guess bout 11%
Styles of training - vary varied, environment pending. Sometimes heavy weight training, sometimes pure cardio, sometimes both. You name it i've tried it.
Years in training - 6
Goals - 95 kgs w/ <10% b/f, 2.4 kms run around the 9 min mark
Pro's - free gyms with top equipment, free advice from pti's, work time aloted to train.
con's - to many fat lazy fucks in australian navy. Theirs no excuse when all you need is at your fingertips. Fit test is to fuckin soft. can't use gear!

Good post bro. K for you :chomp:

Age - 23
Styles of training - vary varied, environment pending. Sometimes heavy weight training, sometimes pure cardio, sometimes both. You name it i've tried it.
Years in training - 6
Pro's - free gyms with top equipment, free advice from pti's, work time aloted to train.
con's - to many fat lazy fucks in australian navy. Theirs no excuse when all you need is at your fingertips. Fit test is to fuckin soft. can't use gear!

musclebosun said:
Age - 23
Years in training - 6

Awesome shit bro, what is your fit test consist of???

and 2.4k run in 9 mins is pretty solid bro, what is that about 1 1/2 miles?? before I blew my knee out a few years back I was runnin around 12:20 2 mile. but that was about my best run.

good luck with the commandoe thing to bro, take it easy

Peace

philipusmcr said:
Branch of service? USMC
Years in service? 1.5
Age? 19
Height/weight? 5'8" 155
BF%? Around 5, I think.

I have to keep cardio as a priority over muscle mass. This made(makes) it hard to find the energy to lift any other time of the day. Since I dont run like a little bitch, this is pretty tough.

you got a BF of 5%? sorry bro, but i highly doubt that. just b/c you are skinny, doesn't mean that you have a low BF... but if you do, then good on ya

Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc) us
Branch of service? army
Years in service? 9
Job description? sf
Age? 28
Height/weight? 6' 235-240
BF%? no clue
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc) right now 5x5 but i have used dc as well
goals? 7
always a free gym on post
lets see........being deployed or going through schools - i have lost so much weight only to put it back on again its crazy. but its gotten to the point now where its almost fun (and easier) to put it back on. its difficult to be very muscular and be able to keep up with the 150 pound runners nowadays. so i have to put just as much time and effort into my cardio as i do lifting. i know lots of kids that can run fast but thats it. i prefer to be well rounded in everything.

Top Bottom