Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long to get into Ketosis

I started my CKD today. Diet today consisted of 210 fat grams and 97 protein grams. Tomorrow will have 183fat grams and 148 protein, the other 4 days are pretty much 1 to 1 fat to protein based on the formulas of Mr. X diet. When should I hit ketosis and if I havent, start altering my diet? 24 hours, 48 hours? Please let me know what I should expect.

Also, pickles and sugar free jello...ok to eat on a CKD?

Thanks/TP

Get some ketosis sticks from your pharmacy.You should hit ketosis on your third or fourth day.You will probably feel sluggish but you will get used to it.Pickles and sugar free jello should be ok as long as there are minimum carbs!!!!:fro: :D :p

No Ketosis yet...

Ok, I dont know if I should be worried yet but I want to make sure my diet is ok. Im just about at 48 hours and I have not hit ketosis yet. Could someone take a look at my diet and let me know if I should alter it at all.

6'1" 210lbs.
Day 1 :
Meal 1) 3 eggs/3 strips bacon/1tbs flax oil
Meal 2) 1 can tuna/2tbs mayo/1 tbs flax oil/1 slice bologna
Meal 3) 3 hotdogs/1 slice bologna/1 tbs flax
Meal 4) 2 slice bologna/1tbs flax/1tbs peanut butter
Totals: 196.5 grams fat/92.5 grams protein

Day 2
Meal 1) 3 eggs/3 strips bacon/1tbs flax oil
Mael 2) 1 can tuna/2tbs mayo/1tbs flax/1 cheese stick
Meal 3) 3 hotdogs/1 egg/1 tbs flax oil
Meal 4) 1 can tuna/1tbs mayo/1tbs Peanut Butter/1 tbs flax oil
Total: 184 fat grams/129 protein grams

I have also had 1-2 pickles a day and 1 cup of sugar free jello a day as snacks.

Total carbs have been under 20 grams. Should I try altering my diet, or give it another 24 hours to see if I reach Ketosis? Any other tricks I can add to speed it up?

Thanks/TP

try alpha lipoic acid...

and make sure you're hitting the weights hard while trying to get into ketosis... get rid of all that glycogen you have stored up.

AT LEAST 48 hours worth - could take longer.

Give it another day at least.

Also - when are you testing? I always show negative if I've been drinking a lot of water or work out in the evening. Keostix measure spillover into the urine, but ketones are also exhaled and sweated out. I often get keto-breath (or sweat) about 12 hours before the stix turn pink.

Pickles are fine as long as they aren't sweet pickles.

Sugar free jello contains aspartame, which messes up some folks. You might want to skip it and see what happens.

fawn

Ill give it another day...

I have been testing at different time throughout the day. I tested in the morning today right after I got up. I have been drinking about 2 gallons H2O/day so that may have something to do with it. Could AS alter the Keto reading? Just curious as Im on prop/winny right now. Ill skip the jello today and hopefully will have something going by tonight.

If it takes longer for me to get into ketosis, would it be beneficial to stick with no carbs an extra day or 2 before the carb up or does it not really matter?

Thanks for the responses!
TP

yup, insulin puts you in ketosis the morning after you take it.

i have my last meal around 5pm, start with the insulin around 7pm, and usually have to take more around 9pm.

by 11pm my blood glucose is around 50-60, and by morning i'm in ketosis.

fooling with insulin is not for your nervous or faint-hearted types. the brain starts to get a little sketchy when blood glucose is below 60.

bonapart

Top Bottom