Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How I lost 50lbs in 5 months. A "Do it Yourself" guide

quick question

I've just received the materials for my pwo shake

Whey Isolate , Dextrose, Maltodextrin

I haven't been home yet, to take a look at them, but

How much of each for a PWO shake following this diet?

Do I set a target protein and use a ratio for the other 2 or just follow whatever directions are on the label?

I'd appreciate the help.

It seems that Dextrose is now beign recommended at 1/4 bw (example, you weigh 200 lbs, 1/4 of that is 50 lbs so use 50 grams of dextrose). Not sure if you divide that by two fro malt and dex. It used to be that people would say to take 80 to 100 grams regardless of goals or weight.

BTW Pintoca, why use both maltodex and dextrose?

CamelToe said:
It seems that Dextrose is now beign recommended at 1/4 bw (example, you weigh 200 lbs, 1/4 of that is 50 lbs so use 50 grams of dextrose). Not sure if you divide that by two fro malt and dex. It used to be that people would say to take 80 to 100 grams regardless of goals or weight.

BTW Pintoca, why use both maltodex and dextrose?

one acts faster than the other, you don't want a huge spike, you want to increase your insuline and keep it over a period of time, reason also why you drink the shake in 2 parts, over a 30 minutes period. I don't have the links here, but they have been posted tons of times, do a search for pintoca dextrose and it will show the links

Pintoca with regard to Burn the Fat book.
I have read it and suggests that with my body composition using the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight) as 2503 Cals. ( Lightly active ) thats sounds quite high, as I have consumed 5 meals with a total of 1800 cals today and I am stuffed - am I at risk of falling into the low metabolism area. I will be doing cardio at least 4 times a week ( approx 500 cals a session ) and weights before cardio as suggested by you. I welcome your comments as you have inspired me to get off my fat ass :)

jassdhali said:
Pintoca with regard to Burn the Fat book.
I have read it and suggests that with my body composition using the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight) as 2503 Cals. ( Lightly active ) thats sounds quite high, as I have consumed 5 meals with a total of 1800 cals today and I am stuffed - am I at risk of falling into the low metabolism area. I will be doing cardio at least 4 times a week ( approx 500 cals a session ) and weights before cardio as suggested by you. I welcome your comments as you have inspired me to get off my fat ass :)

"lower metabolism" does not happen from day to the other, the starvation response takes a couple of weeks to happen.

What are your current stats? are you really "Lightly active"? How long have you been eating 1800 cals? The key premise in that book is "you need to eat to burn fat", think of it as a furnace.

I settled for 30% reduction of may TDEE and it worked for me, nowadays when I want to drop some weight I go for the same 30% reduction, it works all the time.

look up the cutting calculator I posted some time ago, it's a simple excel sheet and it will help you get the numbers worked out.

From experience, the range 2000-2100 cals on low carb days and the 2400-2600 cals on high carbs days works for a wide range of people. It's the same with cardio, the range of 140-150 bpm (heartrate) works for most as well.

Weight lbs 238.00 Fat % 38.70 LBM lbs 148.00 FAT lbs 93.00
My training routine is minimun 3 days - Weight Training ( to sustain Lean mass) followed by 40 mins cardio ( just over 500 cals ) so not light active - more off moderately active. I am just getting to grips with your cutting Calculator, its a great help to be able to see targets in front of u..cool.
So my 30% reduction comes in at 1956 - which does sound ok.
This is what I have started this week only - so I will keep updating this post - and asking ur opinion if thats ok :)

Top Bottom