Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do your lifts compare?

treet0ps4

Just wondering what you lift more in...
For 10 reps i
bench - 140
deads - 185
squat - 295
i think my bench is weak for my size, or is it proportionate?

Good question !

I was also looking for a kind of chart about how much you "should" lift for every basic movement based on how much you bench press or squat or DL

For me personally:

Deadlift: 505
Beast Lift: 590 (deadlift with the bar behind the legs)
Flat Bench: 380 (probabally closer to 400 before the hurricane)
Incline Bench: 375 (likely higher as well)
Squats: Dont do em!

At around 188-191lbs and 5'8. Everyone is different though, and body structure, years training and the type of training along with many other factors will determine the results. I guess Id consider a 405lb bench and a 600lb deadlift "proportionate", but we all tend to have our twisted little perspectives on these things. Weight lifting becomes an addiction for many, and I know for me, satisfaction seems almost impossible. Just keep training hard in all movements and your body should take care of the rest.

treet0ps4 said:
walkingbeast-how many reps are those for and why dont u squat?

Those are all one rep maxes. I just never really did the movement. Still feels very awkward to me, and with the recent back problems it feels dangerous on my lower back, even with light weights. Deadlifts became much more natural to me, and even those were very awkward at times. But I used to love them before I injured myself.

treet0ps4 said:
Just wondering what you lift more in...
For 10 reps i
bench - 140
deads - 185
squat - 295
i think my bench is weak for my size, or is it proportionate?
If you can squat 300 for 10 reps and can only get 140 for 10 on the bench, you are def. non-proportunate. Not saying you are weak, but you really need to concentrate more on the upper body to balance out...........

JKurz1 said:
If you can squat 300 for 10 reps and can only get 140 for 10 on the bench, you are def. non-proportunate. Not saying you are weak, but you really need to concentrate more on the upper body to balance out...........

He may not be squating with proper form, either.

Although credit for him - it is rare for anyone on this board to post their lifts.

Here are mine for the key stats (I use the 5x5 program - reset it two months ago, all are increasing by 5 lbs each time):

5x5 flat bench - 160
5x5 incline (first time) - 140

5x5 Deads - 245

5x5 Incline Leg Press - 500 (Going to 540 next time)
2x10 Squats - 150 (I use to have them to 275 but restarted to 135 and am increasing them again 5lbs at a time to focus on form)

you won't find a chart to tell you what you "should" be doing- everyone's body composition is different and there are so many variables. you should only be doing the best you can.

for me, my best lifts are:
bench: 170 raw, 205 in a shirt
deadlift: 260
squat: i think the same but due to a spinal injury, i can't squat anymore.

currently

squat for 10 reps - 335 - never tested my max, i did 405 a few times a few months ago
deadlfit for 10 reps - 365 - havent tested in a while, i have done 455 before, not too long ago
bench press for 10 reps - 315, trying 385 in a few weeks!!!

Top Bottom