Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do SIRIUS radio subscriptions work?

Smurfy

Banned
Platinum
So I bought this 98 Civic last month and it came with a SIRIUS receiver or whatever you call it. the thing is attached to the dash. I just figured hey, the dude who installed it had a subscription for SIRIUS but obviously it wont work for me unless i buy a subscription which i wasnt about to do (perfectly happy with regular radio + CD player - its got a Pioneer stereo)

then last week lumber and I were driving somewhere and he turned on the SIRIUS and started flipping through channels etx and it actually works. So I've been using it ever since but how long will I likely have this free subscription? is it likely that the previous owner bought like a year subscription or something? I'm loving it except the shit loses reception under viaducts and in parking garages.

i pay a year at a time. . .it's like 12 bucks a month. . .it might be a little cheaper if you pay by the year. . .

how long have you had the car? the last owner may have paid for a year. . .in that case, you won't know when it's gonna run out until it quits working. . .of course he may have paid with his credit card, in which case the charge is automatic. . .if that's the case, you'll have it until he realizes that he's still paying for a subscription that he's not using anymore. :)

i love sirus. . .i live in the sticks so it's my musical salvation. . .

digimon7068 said:
i pay a year at a time. . .it's like 12 bucks a month. . .it might be a little cheaper if you pay by the year. . .

how long have you had the car? the last owner may have paid for a year. . .in that case, you won't know when it's gonna run out until it quits working. . .of course he may have paid with his credit card, in which case the charge is automatic. . .if that's the case, you'll have it until he realizes that he's still paying for a subscription that he's not using anymore. :)

i love sirus. . .i live in the sticks so it's my musical salvation. . .
cool. well the original owner of the car was a cop who was killed in the line of duty, then his family members had/drove the car - at least 2 different brothers of his so unsure which one actually had it installed.

i guess i'll just wait and see!

he could have bought a lifetime subscription even though he is passed ..sirus was 400 dollars for a lifetime subscription ..i think its lifetime or till u change the reciever 3 times .. then u gotta renew

hurricane187 said:
he could have bought a lifetime subscription even though he is passed ..sirus was 400 dollars for a lifetime subscription ..i think its lifetime or till u change the reciever 3 times .. then u gotta renew
well that would be awesome if it was a lifetime
but i wonder why they would leave it in the car instead of take it out when they sold it to me

Smurfy said:
well that would be awesome if it was a lifetime
but i wonder why they would leave it in the car instead of take it out when they sold it to me

Maybe they didnt know how it works or thought the subscription was permanently linked to the reciever.....or maybe they were just really nice.

chris302001 said:
Maybe they didnt know how it works or thought the subscription was permanently linked to the reciever.....or maybe they were just really nice.
i think they were distracted by the sight of my large mamms

I buy it yearly. Like it's already be noted it's about 12 bucks a month in the US and 14 in Canada. I am on the road all the time and go into many areas where there is no radio service. I love it. I rarely have the regular radio on now. I just love the commercial free radio and the lack of idiot dj's who think their funny. XM is really good as well. get to hear lots of tunes you don't get to here on regular radio as well.

Top Bottom