Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do I get a personal training certifaction?

Jaison

Hi, I was offered a job as a personal trainer however they said I would have to have a certifacation first. How and where can I get one cheap? Thanks

Only choice for cheap, that I can think of, would be to visit your local College or Community College and see if they offer a class, I know they do here. You have to remember the class will last for a semester though. Otherwise, it's not very cheap, but I'd do it if I had the $$ and time.

ACE is a fairly cheap one. just a little info though.....i hope you enjoy training mostly fat houswives and generally out of shape people who lack any knowledge whatsoever of nutrition, workouts, etc.
most of your clients will fit into this category. some people are into that, but my opinion is that it sucks. oh, and if you have any knowledge of workout planning, etc...plan on forgeting about it all to pass the certification test. the guidlines they preach are more along the lines of "work out three days a week"....the general, outdated, theories of the eighties. sorry about the negativity, but i just don't regard most certification programs as being of high quality. if you're serious about training, take the time and spend the money to get a worthwhile certification like ISSA. or even look into getting a degree in an exercise related field.

i have ACE, its primarily legalities. tells you what you can and cant do according to the law, which is almost everything. for practical knowledge, it would be best to either degree or shoot for the pinnacle ACSM, which requires a degree to pursue as well.

i will probably do ISSA this summer or NASM, probably NASM though because they have workshops etc around here.

Top Bottom