Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Do Homosexuals Feel About Homophobes?

ttlpkg said:

This is the root of the problem in my opinion. If you don't advertise your sexual habits, how can you be discriminated against? That is why I see no need for SPECIAL homosexual rights legislation, other than the already exisiting more general civil rights laws.

So you are saying tha those who are discriminated against deserve it because they demonstarted who they are?

In any case I don't see that I would know someone's sexual orientation from their resume or an interview, but when working with them if their orientation becomes known I don't think I should be allowed to discriminate against them.

ttlpkg said:

It early where I am, have you had a few cups of coffee already? Jeez! My point is how would someone know you were gay, bi or into bestiality in the first place? Most businesses, vendors, builders couldn't care less, just want to make a buck. Housing and Employment laws apply to all people, including gays. You're just not happy because there is no law that applies to gays exclusively and specifically.

This is why you end up looking so ridiculous. You would really have a hard time writing academic essays on any subject if you use the type of ridiculous reasoning you have on our countless threads to prove your arguments.

If you want to believe that gay people aren't discriminated against and current laws are applied equally then fine. But we've had debates on so many issues where you just fall flat on yor face.

You are a perfect example of someone whose mind is made up no matter what. That is why so much social progress is made by people dying of old age because they are simply beyond reason.

musclebrains said:

LOL....Yes, I've been up over an hour.

No, TTL, housing laws do not apply to everyone. YOu simply can't get that through your head. YOu move into an apartment. You meet a guy. You move him in. It's LEGAL to kick the guy out because he's gay. He didn't have to wear a dress, act queeny or anything else. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Why do you think local statues add "sexual orientation" to employment and housing laws?? Because gay people are NOT protected under the ordinary laws. You just don't get it, do you?

There is no point using reason or discussing the facts with ttlpkg. His mind is made up.

Originally posted by The Nature Boy
did those words come from jesus's mouth? or did some other bozo write that stuff?

I got to this Post and Stopped reading the rest of the pages of this thread.
NB has hit the Nail (no pun intended) on the Head as far as the New Testament and it basic message of forgiveness.

It is VERY clear in the text by usually printing the Actual words Jesus Spoke while he was alive in BOLD or RED.
There are many instances where his basic teachings were of Forgiveness and Understanding by everyone for the Sinner.
Repentance and Forgiveness for those that have sinned.

He eats with the tax collector because he is doing his job.
He speaks to the Woman who has cheated on her husband and tells her she is forgiven and to go forth and sin no more.

Very few if any instances come to mind where Jesus Actually said
"If you SIN you will go to hell, End of story".

The few that are there state that if you do not live your life as he teaches as best you can, and reject GOD and his forgiveness, then you are eternally damned.

HansNZ said:

If you want to believe that gay people aren't discriminated against and current laws are applied equally then fine. But we've had debates on so many issues where you just fall flat on yor face.

i'm a mid 30's gay guy and have never been directly discriminated against. i think sometimes some gay activist types (musclebrains?) make too much of the laws that are on the books which would theoretically allow discrimination. i just don't think it's as widespread as they would have us believe.

i, like flexed, cringe every time i see some cross-dressing freak on "jenny jones". the gay community loves to embrace its most fringe elements and the media, of course, loves to spotlight them. they just give "normal" gay people like myself and flexed a bad name and totally distort the public's perception of gays.

i guess i have to plead guilty to being a gay "homophobe" myself. my friends are in great part straight...i don't particularly like the tendency of minority groups (gays, blacks, asians...whatever) to associate only with "their own kind". in my own small way i think i've shown many people that gays are not all freaks or pedophiles.

musclebrains said:

LOL....Yes, I've been up over an hour.

No, TTL, housing laws do not apply to everyone. YOu simply can't get that through your head. YOu move into an apartment. You meet a guy. You move him in. It's LEGAL to kick the guy out because he's gay. He didn't have to wear a dress, act queeny or anything else. It happens ALL THE TIME.

I'm courious about this because I'm looking into becoming a landlord and I've been researching the housing laws.

In your example, if you get a lease on an apartment and you are the only one on the lease, then ONLY you can live there. Most landlords have problems when a tenent starts moving people into the apartment without adding that person to the lease.

There are many reasons why that is a problem for the landlord... and it doesn't matter the sex of the "new" tenent... for one, there is more wear-and-tear on a property when more people live there. There is also a higher probablility of liability for injury. That is why almost all landlords charge more money when there are additional people living in a unit.

When some asshole moves someone in and doesn't tell the landlord and/or doesn't add them to the lease, then the LL doesn't have any legal recorse for damage/loss of rents/or lease violations against the "new" tenent.

Remember, the LL is not leasing out an apartment to be a nice guy/girl.... they accept huge responsibility/liability for investment purposes...... when someone is living in THIER property without a lease, then they need to/must either get them on the lease or evict them.

So I ask you, in your example.... was the "boyfriend" added to the lease when you tried to move him in?

HansNZ said:

The Concise Oxford Dictionary definition of homophobia:

homophobia: noun. a hatred or fear of homosexuals.

I speak English and the Oxford Dictionary is the standard form of English. That is how it defines homophobia. If it has a different meaning in the American dialect then fine. But then that is the dialect form - not the English language definition.

THE END.

I've quoted the Oxford def a zillion times, Hans. It makes no difference to them.

HansNZ said:

Oh puhlease - here we go again. Trying to link homosexuality with pedophilia. And how many straight men do you know of that perve at 14 year old school girls - plenty! Male characteristics don't develop until later in men so generally those who are sexually attracted to male characteristics prefer their men a bit more mature.

Can you tell me of a hetrosexual group that is formed around having sex with minors....PUHLEASE!!!!????? (NAMBLA)

Their are straight pedophiles.. but in a percentage.. not nearly as many as the gays. We are dealing with a group of people whon base the fundamentals of life around anal sex.

SmegmaSoldier said:

its a genetic defect. if i want to cure downs syndrome does that mean that i hate mongoloids?

Um, how bout contradicting yourself. you already explicitly said you hate homos. Obviously, you're just a mindfucker.

Top Bottom