Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how close should your grip be on close grip bench?

imo it depends on your build. a long armed persons close grip should be wider than a short armed persons close grip. for me i take a thumbs length away from the smooth part.

as long as your wrists stay straight doring the movemnt. bend, no good!!!!!!!! unless your using the ezcurl with 25's on each side. then you might as well go home. lol

anya said:
As long as you keep your elbows in, and hands are far enough apart to avoid wrist pain and maintain control of the bar I personally dont think it matters too much.

Agreed. I think as long as you're somewhere inside shoulder width, and you keep the elbows in tight, you're ok. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that if your grip is too close, you could be risking injury to your wrists.

it all depends on were your cofortable @ sum people like me like it right at the rough part in the middle some lik eit thumb length from it it just depends find what you like!!

Top Bottom