Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

horrible back day

bigstve12

All day been looking forward to rack pulls. Get to the gym and some 45-50yo lady is wrapping her knees like a powerlifter and doing knee bends(what she thought was a squat) more like 1/4 of a squat. This in the only rack in the gym! So i didnt let it bother me, though ok, ill do em last. An hour later...she's still there!! Old lady probably did 15 sets. Ruined my night:bawling:

Gotta give the old bag credit !!!! Even though she was doin 1/4 squats at least she was in the gym doin squats for a hour.

Dave949 said:
Gotta give the old bag credit !!!! Even though she was doin 1/4 squats at least she was in the gym doin squats for a hour.

....and wasn't curling in the squat rack......

I feel your pain! I waited 40 mins, myself, for the rack tonight to do the same thing. These two guys (the ones who show up once a month or so, do a few "macho" things, then take off) were taking turns squatting, and by squatting I mean unracking the bar, then bending at the knee slightly and bouncing back up using sheer momentum. ;)

I managed to amuse myself with some other lifts in the meantime, but would have really preferred to do the heavy rack pulls first thing while I was fresh. It's all good, though, because the workout ended up being killer, and I made good progress on my poundages too -- hooray! :D

So I definitely see your point -- it's not too considerate, IMO, to monopolize a piece of equipment for nearly an hour or more, especially on a busy night, and/or when it's the only one of its type in the gym.

louden_swain said:
Sounds like you are easily distracted.

Learn how to improvise.

seems like you easily missed the point.......... there was no other rack. if im in my program and it says to do rack pulls, i will not walk into the gym and just pick another exercise. i have never really believed in that philosiphy of training.

just my .02 cents.

X

I woulda spoke to this lady hehe She'd probabally see my fucking metal laden face and vomit, scurry away...Then Id have the cage all to myself Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh The joys of being a beast....

I go to the gym with a plan, i hate deviating from that plan. I do improvise, but i didn't get to do the pulls at all!! Oh well, such is life

Why didn't you just simply ask the lady how many more sets she had left...That way you are clueing her in on the fact that you are waiting. and that you will be next.

A lot of times when people don't think anyone else is waiting on the machine they will take their sweet time...do more sets than normal and take longer rests...when they know someone is waiting most people have the curtousy to speed up.

i can relate...over the summer, i work out at the crunch gym on the beach. the equipment is very limited there...only one barbell & rack.

it was my back day too, so i was doing deads. i usually do them first, but some dude was using the rack for squats, so i was forced to do them last. every time i looked over at this guy, he was either stretching or talking on his cell phone. i did my lat pull downs and DB rows and the guy was still not doing any squats. finally, i walked over there and asked him when he was going to be done...even though i knew he hadn't started yet. i just stood there watching him do his 4 sets of "squats" - they really weren't squats, i don't know what the hell he was doing. it took him all of 5 minutes...but, at least i was able to get my deads in.

Top Bottom