Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hitting the Lower Chest

Those are all you really need!

This is a highly contested argument but IMHO one can not isolate a certain part of the chest...yes there could be more EMPHASIS on that area but we must remember the all or nothing principle, a muscle either contracts or it does not...

Declines are a waste of time in my opinion. The best chest developers in my opinion are incline presses whether they be DB or BB. Do you carry fat on your lower chest? that may be a reason its not looking like how you want it to look.

UA_Iron said:
Declines are a waste of time in my opinion. The best chest developers in my opinion are incline presses whether they be DB or BB. Do you carry fat on your lower chest? that may be a reason its not looking like how you want it to look.

I agree with this VERY FEW people lack in lower chest..most lack in upper chest mass I do incline BB and DB as my main chest exercise and the lower area is probably the thickest...

Also I have done declines maybe twice and I just started doing dips again...

InTraining said:
I agree with this VERY FEW people lack in lower chest..most lack in upper chest mass I do incline BB and DB as my main chest exercise and the lower area is probably the thickest...

Also I have done declines maybe twice and I just started doing dips again...

I think dips are also excellent chest developers too, eventhough my goal is to hit triceps with them I still have noticed it in my chest.

UA_Iron said:
I think dips are also excellent chest developers too, eventhough my goal is to hit triceps with them I still have noticed it in my chest.

Yes I am doing them upright because leaning over I get some negative pain...still get a massive chest pump though...

How is that 5x5 going for you?

InTraining said:
Yes I am doing them upright because leaning over I get some negative pain...still get a massive chest pump though...

How is that 5x5 going for you?

I am going to start it next week I think. I have to get mentally prepared for dropping to lower weights - it'll be kind of humbling.

And dips are kind of brutal on my shoulders, I know what you mean about the pain.

UA_Iron said:
I am going to start it next week I think. I have to get mentally prepared for dropping to lower weights - it'll be kind of humbling.

And dips are kind of brutal on my shoulders, I know what you mean about the pain.

Cool...I did a regular 5x5 for a LONG TIME and it worked out very well...right now I have modified it for lower volume and higher frequency....

Yeh I get some pressure in the shoulders but the pain is in the sternal area, I believe it is the cariledge stretching

Last edited:
leaning forward dips should be way better than keeping your torso upright. your upper arm doesnt go nearly as far behind you and it shouldnt hurt your shoulders.

bignate73 said:
leaning forward dips should be way better than keeping your torso upright. your upper arm doesnt go nearly as far behind you and it shouldnt hurt your shoulders.

Do you know why I might be getting sternal pain when I learn forward? Never been able to figure it out....

Top Bottom