Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Higher volume

hardrock

Go fuck your own face!
Platinum
I've been training DC style, or a modified version of for about 5 years or so. I'm wanting to up the volume a bit, but i don't have the muscle endurance. I'm so used to training to failure on 1-2 sets and 1 excercise per body part, that now that I'm trying to do 3-4 working sets, and 2-3 excercises per body part, I have no strength by the 2nd excercise. I know I need to ease into it, but fuck this is annoying.

Keep in mind, this is the first time I've tried higher volume for a solid 5 years.

I'm doing a 3 day split. Just started this, this week. Basically push pull. Gonna mix up the excercises, but do at least 2 different per body part, per workout, 3-4 working sets of each.

back
bi's
traps

chest
delts
tris

legs

I started a cycle a 2 weeks ago, and really want to make the most of it. 600mg test cyp/wk, and 20 mg dbol 2 hrs before workouts.

6'1"
12ish% BF
35 yrs old
training for 16 yrs
have run many cycles
been on TRT for the last 6 yrs(but had a 5 week lapse right before I started this cycle).

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah bro I know exactly what you are going thru. Just keep at it and you will condition to it man.

Are you still trying to lift the heavy ass weight that you would use for only one RP heavy working set?

"You can train long and you can train hard, but you can't do both." -Mike Mentzer

Are you still trying to lift the heavy ass weight that you would use for only one RP heavy working set?

"You can train long and you can train hard, but you can't do both." -Mike Mentzer

I'm trying not to, but the it's hard to lift less than you know you can. I find it helps to do more sets working up to my final set. I gotta learn not to train to failure on every working set. It's a work in progress.

not really easy to do but i'm doing it..

it's your mind that messes with you.. and i train static lifts for size and strength..

doing 10 sets 20-24 reps is best achieved if you do it in a circuit type training..

example

overhead press 100 lbs 24 reps, no rest except for transition to next exercise..
low row 200 lbs 24 reps then
standing barbell curl 24 reps with 1 weight, then 24 with lower weight (basically a drop set) then 1 more..

rest allow for your heart rate to recover to 90 then begin again..

that's 1 set... do this 10 times.. you get the idea really.. then you can rest and move to doing legs and calf raises..

Top Bottom