Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High SHBG, do I have hyperthyroidism?

wireman54304

First my test results

Testosterone serum 686 (280-800)
Testosterone free 14.06 (5.00-21.00)
% free Testosterone 2.05 (1.5-4.2)
Dihydrotestosterone 54
Estradiol 27.9 (7.6-42.6)
Insulin-like growth factor 1 115 (94-252)
Prostate-specific ag serum .4 (0.0-4.0)
Sex hormone binding globulin serum 56.4 (14.5-48.4)
Glucose serum 101 (65-99)
Cholesterol total 228 (100-199)
LDL Cholesterol calc 159 (0-99)
I am 50 years old 175 lbs.

I was tested because I had all the classic systems of low T.
Looking at the results it says the SHBG levels are too high. OK so I do a little research and the term hyperthyroidism pops up. Amazingly my Dr. used this same word when I told him how I couldn’t tolerate heat, and that something must be wrong with me. He used this same word, but I’ll be dammed if I can remember why he figured I didn’t have this.

Should I have more tests done?

Anyway I want to start treatment ASAP I was thinking of starting out with T gel 1%. I ordered it online it should be here in a week.
I was reading how DHT can also lower the SHBG, thinking about Proviron but at the same time I am not into going bald. I know the T will lower SHBG but by how much?

What about DHEA I rarely see this mentioned, does this stuff really work? Are there any statistics?

I am not sure if the 1% gel is going to be enough I see many people using Compounded T-cream with many times the potency. What I keep hearing is higher potency 3% - 5% 10% WOW, use less WOW,WOW and lower cost WOW, WOW, WOW. Why would anyone want to use the 1% stuff ? I’m sure there is a reason, I just haven’t found it yet.

I may end up using injections who knows. Either way I am going to need an online Dr. for the prescription as I live in Green Bay “Go Packers” and there are no cheap Dr.’s here. I want the cheapest one I can find because I feel I am doing all the research with your help thank you.

i would tell u to use an aromatase inhibitor like adex for SHBG , but it will lower ur estrogen too and that wont be a good thing for ur cholesterol , man ur LDL is off the chart that's what ur concerns should be , and btw ur total test and free test r excellent for ur age and weight and even for younger guys , take care of ur cholesterol problem first.

Top Bottom