Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi Im Kendel - 27 yrs old - 375lbs - help

Hey man i know how you feel. I used to be over 400 plus pounds and a really big 400 plus pounds. I was addicted to oxycontin and my life was totally out of control. I thought someone would find me dead with some ratted tinfoil next to me. This site is awesome before i lost control i used this site to help me out then i fell off the wagon. I also used this site to help bring me back. Alot of good tips and bros on here. Right now i sit around 260. I have been training mma and kickboxing and i fight in the ring as a heavyweight and im about to become a blackbelt in filipino arnis. You can get through this. If i could change my life you can.i always tried to change myself but always ended up failing, so i asked myself why am i failing at this? I came to figure its because its a huge problem to take on and i would try to change everything in a day. Ill tell you what its gonna take more then a day.i would get so frustrated because it all seemed overwhelming. It took you a long time to get out of shape its gonna take a minute to get back, but its possible. It just depends on how bad you want it man. You should start with simple goals and just stick to one until its accomplished and move on to another. For example i quit smoking first and just focused on that. Then i stared exercising and then once i started getting in a groove i started.tweaking the diet. I eat things now that nobody thought o would eat. Its baby steps man. And making small goals will give you a feeling of satisfaction more often. Once you start getting away from the processed shit. Your taste buds will start changing and you will start to have a new appreciation for good quality food. I knw you have money issues, but thats a hurdle you will figure out. You can do it man. The end result may be some extra skin around the waist. Im scheduled to get mine cutoff next year sometime whenever i can get fit into the schedule. Lots of lock man. Any questions hit me up in a PM. I hope this helps bro. HAVE FAITH!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EliteFitness

Awesome bro! Great job and awesome post!

"you will never be happy with your results, but that shouldn't deter you from trying to obtain your goals"

~Me

Thank you. I just know how it is. Alot of people never could know how it feels when your that far gone, but i always knew in the back of my brain that i was better then what I was doing. Kendel can do this shit man!!! Baby steps every day. Be proud for your smallest achievements. You only have one life. Its a gift. use it right.

Hey. Thanks peejae and letsgrow. So things are going good. I need a scale that weights more then 340lbs. To think 2 hears ago I was less then that. I went back to ER after I ran out of my meds and they took good care of me. They put me on 1000mg metformin and a blood pressure med. So it's been a week and I'm starting to feel better. I was sick to my stomach for a few days and lightheadedness but they said that would happen. My BG is better the past two days. I was 2xx in the am and by bedtime I was in the 250 range. Which is a 200 drop. I'm drinking lots of water and cutting out sugars and carbs. I still eat some carbs and little sugar according to the myfitnesspal app. I am also logging my BG readings into a app on my phone app. I also noticed a 10min walk will lower my BG by 30 points.I keep looking online for low GI foods to keep in mind when I shop.

I'm gonna go over to the new planet fitness I found to see what's up with there gym and membership. My rental lease is up in November and I'm looking to move to a house that's $100 less a month so that could help pay for the gym. I'm not really in shape to move a whole house but I think I can do it. My legs go numb sometimes on me which sucks but hopefully when I get my blood sugar down that will go away. Well that's all for now ttyl.

Hey man you dont need to use extra cash to go to a gym right now. If you have any extra cash put it towards your grocery bill. Try and get Nutrient dense food. Food can heal ya man. If you have a way to watch a movie on netflix you should watch a movie called fat, sick and nearly dead. Its very inspirational and can educate the shit outta you. You can just do bodyweight workouts to burn calories right now. Like push ups, walking, squats, leg raises, all sorts of stuff. No need for that membership. If you can't do some of those exercises like pushups. You can go on your knees. If you still cant, you can do wall pushups, or use a staircase. You can start at the highest step you can do ten reps on that step, then move down a step until you can do ten there and so on my friend. Just modify a workout until you can do it. Like i said baby steps. I was there on all the meds feeling hopeless. Now not so much. Im a beast now lol.

Hey man you dont need to use extra cash to go to a gym right now. If you have any extra cash put it towards your grocery bill. Try and get Nutrient dense food. Food can heal ya man. If you have a way to watch a movie on netflix you should watch a movie called fat, sick and nearly dead. Its very inspirational and can educate the shit outta you. You can just do bodyweight workouts to burn calories right now. Like push ups, walking, squats, leg raises, all sorts of stuff. No need for that membership. If you can't do some of those exercises like pushups. You can go on your knees. If you still cant, you can do wall pushups, or use a staircase. You can start at the highest step you can do ten reps on that step, then move down a step until you can do ten there and so on my friend. Just modify a workout until you can do it. Like i said baby steps. I was there on all the meds feeling hopeless. Now not so much. Im a beast now lol.

Great advice! Glad to hear you are getting better bit by bit Kendel. .

"you will never be happy with your results, but that shouldn't deter you from trying to obtain your goals"

~Me

Diet is the number 1 thing, I myself am still going through something similar. If you balance your diet around 2000 calories a day you will see weight drop off, with out doing anything else. In October of last year I weighed in at 371 and at that point I decided that I was going to make a change, and I kept my caloric intake under 2000 calories for the day. Every other week I allow myself a cheat day, and at first I would pig out and it would take me 2-3 days to get back where I was, but after I lost about 40lbs I started feeling so much better and I dont even use my cheat days anymore, my body has adapted to not always craving the foods that are terrible for me. Of course on occasion I will eat something not great for myself, but I keep myself around 2000 calories. After losing that 40lbs I started going to the gym again, I had tons more energy( I noticed the energy after the first 10lbs) Every pound that I lost I felt so much better.

I had thought about the lap band surgery, but started having success on my own that I called them and cancelled all my appointments.

I had started to try and lose weight many times throughout the past 5 years, and I can honestly say that once I realized how much better I look and feel, I want this to be a permanent thing.

The most inspiring thing someone told me was "Where would you be if you started 6 months ago" Think about it, you could lose 10 pounds a month for 6 months easily, How much happier/healthier would you be if you lost that weight?

Currently I am 310 at 28% BF from 371 at 39% with another 30 or so pounds I want to lose, take the journey you wont regret it!

Edit: Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Wow I'd be interested in knowing how this guy is doing.

I have a friend who was 420lbs, and he got himself down to 210lbs with pure cardio. I feel like a fat ass now at 225 and 27%bf lol.

You guys gave him a lot of good info, however, maybe a bit too much. What to us is second nature to someone that has never worked out or watched their diet it might seem intimidating.

Did I see a post where he posted his current diet?

Re: Hello Friends

I think exercise is better than diet.Exercise is most important for human fitness. Whatever types of exercise can be done. like you have listen mp3 players and just walk until that you have feel good and completely clear your regular exercise.

Thanks

Re: Hello all of us ........

I think exercise is better than diet.Exercise is most important for human fitness. Whatever types of exercise can be done. like you have listen mp3 players and just walk until that you have feel good and completely clear your regular exercise.

Thanks

Hey Kendel. I'm kind of late to the post, so hopefully you're well on your way to losing weight. If not, may be I can give you insight in what helped me go from 370+ down to my current 272. I'm trying to get down to 215-225, but I keep hitting plateaus. Anyhow, I noticed you said this:
I love - chicken, steak/beef, patatos, broccoli, corn, peanut butter, bacon, eggs scrambled, cheese, tomato sauce, apples, carrots, bananas, grapes, cereal, turkey, pork, juices and milk. Peanuts and cheesitz and other low calorie snacks companies make if I have sweats at all.
Bro, at your weight, you have to cut out the potatoes, corn, tomatoe sauce, apples, carrots, banana, juices and milk - FOR NOW. Later, incorporate them back in, but at your extreme weight, cut that stuff out and in just doing so, your weight will drop. And stay away from packaged, processed foods. Trust me. I started off doing low carbs/Atkins, and just continued to lift weights and do a lot of walking. I started on 09/28/09 @ 364 lbs and by 03/10 I was down to 288 lbs. What really helped me was to keep a fitness log - of what I ate, my weight, journal, etc. on a site called Fitday.com, and take pictures of me as I lost weight to track my progression.

I had rebounded back up to 333 lbs by May 2011, and then switched to South Beach Diet and got back down to 278 lbs by August of the same year. I've been bouncing back and forth up to 308 and back down to my current 272 and I hope to get this under control. I'm currently doing Intermittent Fasting and have cut out all meat products (for now - going on 3 weeks now) and have been doing Green Juice fasting along with salads, Ninja Blender green smooties, home made RAW protein bars and home made Larabars. Man, spaghetti squash with home made Alfredo sauce (made from raw cashews) is incredible. You can substitute so many "healthy" alternative dishes when compared to the stuff that got you fat.

Anyhow, if you need any help, let me know and I'll try my best to assist you since I know what you're going through. Good luck and hang in there. Skip that lapband crap. You're 27, all you need to do is adjust your eating and walk & lift some weights. I'll be 43 in a few months. Only surgery I'm contemplating is a tummy tuck once I reach my goal, as my stomach looks like Adam Sandler's in that movie Click! when he lost all that weight.

Here's a pic of me almost 4 years ago (03/2009) at my heaviest on the left, and me currently (Day after Superbowl XVLII last week). 370+ vs 272 lbs.

Top Bottom