Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HGH for a Shoulder Injury

I've read on other boards of guys that already have HGH on hand and injure themselves while on cycle so they'll do a large dose for a week to aid in recovery (10iu's/day), but I would not go out of my way to get HGH just for this purpose.

I think Steve is saying its not worth the money just for this purpose. Others mentioned Thymosin Beta 4 and MGF. MGF has been compared to HGH and in some cases even better than HGH. TB4 I don't know enough about.

Do you make your livelihood off of your body being in top physical condition? And...do you get paid a few million to make that living? Yeah that's why athletes take it

Ok professional athletes use PED's all the time hence all the testing and suspensions. I didn't come on here to argue anyway, I came here for advice on HGH. So what is better for injuries HGH, MGF, or TB500 ?

No I appreciate the advice from everyone I'm just frustrated and want to get back in the gym ASAP and if HGH or MGF can help me do that I want to try it

regardless if you use hgh or some other peptides.. there is a healing process that has to happen and that takes time. Taking 1 shot of HGH is not going to cure the injury.

No I appreciate the advice from everyone I'm just frustrated and want to get back in the gym ASAP and if HGH or MGF can help me do that I want to try it

I'd run HGH along with TB500 until your shoulder is healed they work wonders together

Clearly he knows that but obviously would like to help his recovery process to get back to what he loves doing quicker, some people try be and all smart and knowing and in reality their not understanding the need sof the person....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EliteFitness

Clearly he knows that but obviously would like to help his recovery process to get back to what he loves doing quicker, some people try be and all smart and knowing and in reality their not understanding the need sof the person....

^ Thank you

Try some oxandrolone, credit to DatBTrue putting the references together, apologies for the formatting I'm using the EF App.

Oxandrolone

Nandrolone, Oxymetholone (in anemia) and Oxandrolone are the anabolic steroids most used in studies with benefit to healing. Androgenic receptors are found in the highest concentration in myocytes ad skin fibroblasts. Anabolic steroids increase protein synthesis and new tissue formation which shows up often as skin thickness and muscle formation. 59-63

The anti-catabolic actions come from decreasing protein breakdown induced by cortisol. 63 This may be my favorite effect.

Oxandrolone shows up the most in studies 61-70 because of it's superior anabolic to androgenic ration (very low androgenic sides) and because it's structure is such that it is metabolized and cleared in the Kidneys and not the liver. There is virtually no liver toxicity to contend with. It is easily absorbed by the intestines with 99% bioavailability with a half life of 9 to 12 hours.

Clinically oxandrolone has been used in HIV, COPD and spinal chord injury patients as well as burn patients and various trauma patients. In almost all studies there was increased healing and increased lean mass. In all the clinical trials where there was lean mass gain, 1.2 to 1.5g/kg per day of protein were consumed.

Clinical Effect of Oxandrolone (from the literature)
Attenuate the catabolic stimulus during the "stress response"
More rapid restoration of lost lean mass
Restore normal nutrient partitioning
Improved healing of chronic wounds with restoration of lost lean mass

Specific Effects on Wounds

In addition to the general effect there is direct stimulation of all phases of wound healing. 71-77 This comes from in vitro and animal studies.

Wound healing (In Vitro Human Fibroblasts)
Stimulation in messenger RNA for collagen synthesis
Stimulate collagen synthesis
Increases release of transforming growth factor-β (TGFβ)
Downregulation of expression of matrix metalloproteinase expression

Wound healing (Animal Studies)
Increase in wound closure (contraction)
Increase in collagen deposition
Increased re-epithelialization
Increased angiogenesis
Increased wound tensile strength

Briefly, the Erlich study reported a tenfold increase in the messenger RNA for collagen synthesis, in a human fibroblast culture with oxandrolone. 74 This effect was not unique to oxandrolone as the Falanga reported a stimulation of collagen synthesis with the anabolic steroid stanazol. 73

In a study by Tenenbaum there was an increased synthesis of bone, collagen, matrix, and epidermis in a wound of the oral cavity stimulated with oxandrolone. 75

In a study by Demling there was a reported strong increase in the healing of a cutaneous wound in the rat treated with oxandrolone compared to controls. A 50% increase in wound collagen was noted as well as a doubling of tensile strength at 3 weeks with oxandrolone as well as more densely packed collagen with more fibroblasts and mononuclear cells. 71

There is also a local release of growth factors from anabolic steroids as well which substantially contribute to healing.

59 - Sheffield, M., The effect of short term oxandrolone treatment on peripheral amino acid metabolism, J. Burn Care Rehab., 2, 127, 1999

60 - Lafferty, F., Effect of androgens, estrogens and high calcium intakes on bone formation and resorption in osteoporosis, Am. J. Med., 36, 514–528, 1969

61 - Karim, A., Oxandrolone disposition and metabolism in man, Clin. Pharmacol. Ther., 14, 862–866, 1973

62 - Mendenhall, C.I., A study of oral nutritional support with oxandrolone in malnourished patients with alcoholic hepatitis: results of a Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study, Hepatology, 17, 564–570, 1993

63 - Hickson, R., Glucocorticoid antagonism by exercise and androgenic-anabolic steroids, Med. Sci. Sports Exer., 22, 331–340, 1990

64 - Stanford, A., Resistance exercise and supraphysiologic androgen therapy in eugonadal men with HIV related weight loss. A randomized placebo controlled trial, JAMA, 281, 1282–1290, 1999

65 - Demling, R.H., Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, enhances the healing of a cutaneous wound in the rat, Wound Repair Regen., 8, 97–102, 2000

66 - Demling, R.H., The anticatabolic and wound healing effects of the testosterone analog oxandrolone after severe burn injury, J. Crit. Care, 15, 12–17, 2000

67 - Demling, R.H., Involuntary weight loss and the nonhealing wound: the role of anabolic agents, Adv. Wound Care, 12, 1–14, 1999

68 - Demling, R.H., Comparison of the anabolic effects and complications of human growth hormone and the testosterone analog, oxandrolone, after severe burn injury, Burns, 25, 215–221, 1999

69 - Kim, C.S., The effect of anabolic steroids on ameliorating the adverse effects of chronic corticosteroids on intestinal anastomotic healing in rabbits, Surg. Gynecol. Obstet., 176, 73–79, 1993

70 - Schols, A., Weight loss is a reversible factor in the prognosis of chronic obstruction pulmonary disease, Am. Rev. Resp. Dis., 157, 1791–1797, 1998

71 - Demling, R.H., Closure of the "non-healing wound" corresponds with correction of weight loss using the anabolic agent oxandrolone, Ostomy Wound Manage., 44, 58–62, 1998

72 - Beiner, J.M., The effect of anabolic steroids and corticosteroids on healing of muscle contusion injury, Am. J. Sports Med., 27, 2–9, 1999

73 - Falanga, V., Stimulation of collagen synthesis by the anabolic steroid Stanazol, J. Invest. Dermatol., 11, 1193–1197, 1998

74 - Erlich, P., The influence of the anabolic steroid oxandrolone upon the expression of procollagen types I and II MRNA in human fibroblasts cultured in collagen or plastic, Wounds, 13, 66–72, 2001

75 - Tennenbaum, R., Effect of the anabolic steroid oxandrolone on wound healing, Oral Surg., 30, 834–835, 1970

actually you have things twisted backwards.. and I understand perfectly. I was a former endurance athlete who got injured and ran through it and I paid the price. i have stories that you wouldn't believe, i remember I could barely walk and I went in to get traumeel injections and acupuncture then 2 days later i was running a half marathon setting a PR. was that smart? no it was dumb and it cost me my career and even to this day it still hurts to run years later!!

the guy has a torn ligament which has now showed signs of re-aggravating. rushing things is only gonna set him back further.

as captain FT says.. pro athletes get paid millions to get on the field at all costs. even if that means they will risk setting themselves back down the line, plus pro athletes have offseasons to rest up their injuries and get healthy and they have the best doctors, surgeons, and trainers in the world. so its an unfair comparison and silly.

yeah its frustrating not to be able to lift, but i would rather be sidelined for X amount of time vs. being sidelined for X+months because I tried to rush back too fast. what I'm saying is he can still work his lower body while he gives his shoulder time to heal. thats all i am saying. and no HGH is not worth the high cost vs. coming back a bit quicker. this is something I will re-iterate. TB500 actually is an anti-inflammatory and it probably is better suited for other issues rather than ligament problems.

the best thing he can do is lift light and like i said above AVOID exercises that put pressure on the shoulder.. this is something that will never heal 100% IMO. we are talking about a ligament here. problem is guys think too short term, instead of thinking long term. we've had SO MANY injury threads lately that its honestly starting to make me sad because I have been there and done that. and I wish i would NOT have listened to other pricks who told me to just ignore the pain and run through it.. its funny how when its not YOUR body its easy to tell someone else to fuck it up. that shit pisses me off more than anything.. i don't talk to those guys anymore who gave me that advice because that is the ultimate betrayal playing with someones health

I found TB 500 for $30 for 2mg. Is that a good deal and what is typical dosage for this and how long do I run it ? Also do you have to mix it with anything ?

Top Bottom