Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Hey guys is a 4 yr age diff too much?

Yarg!

Platinum Membership gift from THE BOMB SQUAD!
Hi guys, friendly neighborhood Asian dude here again:

well as everyone knows college is very impersonal. There is hardly a time to make friends since everyone comes froma ll walks of life, and every class is in a large auditorium. However for my History class I sit beside a very pretty blonde. Unfortunately shes 23, and Im 19. Well I like her alot since Ive gotten to know her this past mont, and we've alwasy hinted at dating. We are very touchy feely like she would laugh at my jokes, slap my knee. We both love doing the same shit and going to the movies and what not. My question is: should I take the chance and ask her? What if she says no? Since we sit beside each other for 2.5 hrs I dont wanna ruin what we have. Although you wouldnt guess it from my posts, I am very mature for my age and I feel that we can have an intellectually stimulating conversation like grown ups for hours on end. All my ex GFs would pepper their speech with "omg" every 2 seconds and the topic of conversation would always be aorund hair products. A part of me is saying go for it- because I like her alot and Im pretty sure she feels the same way. I hope shes not to turned off by the girl-older-than-guy stigma. :worried:
 
I wouldnt say it's bad it's different though from say a 23 yr old and a 19 year old compared to a 40 yr old and a 36 yr old, All i can say is if you care for her go for it..
 
:FRlol:

What's funny is how academic this becomes in a few years ... my husband and I are 11 years apart.

My son just told me that he just hooked up this past weekend with a woman who was 11 years older than him ...

So I don't consider 4 years a big age difference.

The other stuff you have to work out for yourself ... it's a question men have been wrestling with since then started asking their potential mates out instead of clubbing them over the heads ....
 
Is she in the same year as you? Or is she about to graduate?

If you are looking for fun, go ahead. Anything more, don't bother, especially if she is going to graduate. Why? Because she is going to get bored with you. An older man will hit on her and she will leave.
 
It is tough to land a 23 when your only 19. But, she is acting like she likes you.

It would suck to ask her out...then have to sit by her 3 hrs a day for a few months after she turned you down.lol

Does she have free time right after class? When you are walking out of class say "Hey lets grab some coffee" (or lunch) Don't ask...just assume. Be sure to do it as you are walking out. Don't give her too much time to think about it.lol

When you are there. Casually joke around that she likes younger guys. See if she says yes...or No, I don't go out with younger guys...etc
 
nycgirl said:
Is she in the same year as you? Or is she about to graduate?

If you are looking for fun, go ahead. Anything more, don't bother, especially if she is going to graduate. Why? Because she is going to get bored with you. An older man will hit on her and she will leave.
And who says that the belief in romance and love is dead.

:rolleyes:
 
EnderJE said:
And who says that the belief in romance and love is dead.

:rolleyes:

I'm being honest. 4 years isn't much. However, there's a difference between a 23 y.o. and 19 y.o.

If she's in his same year, then I say go for it. But, if she is about to graduate, I wouldn't look for anything serious. Trust me, her first after work happy hour with men her age or older . . . will get her thinking.
 
no way. go for it
 
Difference in age is bullshit social crap.

If you enjoy spending time together then do it.

Personally, I'm starting to think that 30 may be too damn old and I'm in my 40's.
 
Yarg! said:
Hi guys, friendly neighborhood Asian dude here again:

well as everyone knows college is very impersonal. There is hardly a time to make friends since everyone comes froma ll walks of life, and every class is in a large auditorium. However for my History class I sit beside a very pretty blonde. Unfortunately shes 23, and Im 19. Well I like her alot since Ive gotten to know her this past mont, and we've alwasy hinted at dating. We are very touchy feely like she would laugh at my jokes, slap my knee. We both love doing the same shit and going to the movies and what not. My question is: should I take the chance and ask her? What if she says no? Since we sit beside each other for 2.5 hrs I dont wanna ruin what we have. Although you wouldnt guess it from my posts, I am very mature for my age and I feel that we can have an intellectually stimulating conversation like grown ups for hours on end. All my ex GFs would pepper their speech with "omg" every 2 seconds and the topic of conversation would always be aorund hair products. A part of me is saying go for it- because I like her alot and Im pretty sure she feels the same way. I hope shes not to turned off by the girl-older-than-guy stigma. :worried:


I don't think numbers have anything to do with it..
4 years difference isn't too bad the problem is.. timing and maturity

a 23 yr old woman on average is gonna be much more closer to wanting to settle down than the average 19 year old guy...

I'd say take her out and see what happens. See if there are any maturity issues. If you are looking for a serious relationship and are open to marriage in the next few years then by all means go for it. At a bare minimum go ahead and have a few days.. have some fun.. the more experience with people you get the better even if it's just 1 date.

good luck to ya!
 
Destroyer1986* said:
Im 19 and shes much much older than me, but I couldnt care less about the age difference. So 4 years is fuck all mate.

Well thats cuz she can grate cheese on those abs. :coffee:

Thanks guys!
 
Take your age difference and multiply it by 5 and you are in my league. I have discussed this before so I will not bore everyone with my wife again. But she smokes me and is more women than I have known or seen and man I have seen them all.

However, here is the trick, go slow, take what you got, this good conversation level and move it to a more social area like for coffee, lunch, keep the same realationship just a new environment. Then again take the next step, take the same relationship to a more challenging environment and see how it evolves. Nice and easy, be cautious and challenging, be cool and goofy, be tough and loving, but most important be yourself because that is what you are in class. Do not let the environment change you. Most important do ot be affraid to try what can you lose and if you don't you will be haunted by wondering.

Any more advice let me know, I have my degree in PLA. (Peace, love and affection.)

I could have just said be yourself and go for it.

God shut up!
 
Yarg! said:
Hi guys, friendly neighborhood Asian dude here again:
well as everyone knows college is very impersonal. There is hardly a time to make friends since everyone comes froma ll walks of life, and every class is in a large auditorium. However for my History class I sit beside a very pretty blonde. Unfortunately shes 23, and Im 19. A part of me is saying go for it- because I like her alot and Im pretty sure she feels the same way. I hope shes not to turned off by the girl-older-than-guy stigma. :worried:
Go for it. Friends are hard to find, & even if it doesn't happen, at least the air will be cleared about it.
 
awittyusername said:
It would suck to ask her out...then have to sit by her 3 hrs a day for a few months after she turned you down.lol
Does she have free time right after class? When you are walking out of class say "Hey lets grab some coffee" (or lunch) Don't ask...just assume. Be sure to do it as you are walking out. Don't give her too much time to think about it.lol
When you are there. Casually joke around that she likes younger guys. See if she says yes...or No, I don't go out with younger guys...etc
It shouldn't be too bad. He's only asking for a date, not a lifetime commitment. If he was totally twitterpainted, then he would have asked her already, so Ima thinkin this could be a casual relationship, not too much pressure, yet.
Your other advice is a good idea.
 
Well ill see her in like 2 hrs, so Ill ask her today. Good luck to me...
 
good luck bro, I'm hoping either you score and have a good story or fail horribly and have a better story...:D
 
Yarg! said:
Well ill see her in like 2 hrs, so Ill ask her today. Good luck to me...

good Luck!

4 years isn't bad at all.
 
tommy2tone said:
i bet you've pushed the decade mark

nope

My X was 9 years older than me.. Youngest I've dated is 26, and thats way young imo. Did have two dates with a guy and on the second date found out he was alot younger than I thought and that was the last time I saw him.. I felt like a pedophile :worried:
 
Erzulie said:
nope

My X was 9 years older than me.. Youngest I've dated is 26, and thats way young imo. Did have two dates with a guy and on the second date found out he was alot younger than I thought and that was the last time I saw him.. I felt like a pedophile :worried:




^^^^^ i'd hit it!
no questions asked! :D :verygood:
helps that she wants it too :D hehehe
 
musclemom said:
:FRlol:

What's funny is how academic this becomes in a few years ... my husband and I are 11 years apart.

My son just told me that he just hooked up this past weekend with a woman who was 11 years older than him ...

So I don't consider 4 years a big age difference.

The other stuff you have to work out for yourself ... it's a question men have been wrestling with since then started asking their potential mates out instead of clubbing them over the heads ....

So very true. 16 to 18 was a bitch. Once 21 was around, 18 to 35 was looking good. Now, over 50, wife is 6 years older, GF more than 10 years younger, and 18 still looks good to me. Yeah, I know, I'm such a pig! But I love it.
 
Age don't matter, maturity does. I've seen girls 5 years younger than me that are waaaay more mature and stable than chicks 5 years older than me. The only other way it could really be an issue is when talking about experience. If the age difference means a major difference in sexual and relationship experience, it could show.

But shit, younger chicks is where it is at.
 
Well I asked, I got her email and ph, but the thing is due to fuckn work I only have saturday free. Before I asked if she wanted to do anything with ME on Saturday, I managed to sneak in a what her sat night was gonna be like, question. She claims shes having dinner with some friends (which sucks). But after i got her number/email she did ask me to email her or /call her (i asked if she wanted to see a movie or something sometime). Alas.. its not a slam dunk like I hoped for, but Ill have to settle for this. Fuckn friends.. who needs 'em? :P
 
SlimJim52 said:
So very true. 16 to 18 was a bitch. Once 21 was around, 18 to 35 was looking good. Now, over 50, wife is 6 years older, GF more than 10 years younger, and 18 still looks good to me. Yeah, I know, I'm such a pig! But I love it.
Wait. You've got a wife and a girlfriend? Dood....


:worried:
 
Yarg! said:
Well I asked, I got her email and ph, but the thing is due to fuckn work I only have saturday free. Before I asked if she wanted to do anything with ME on Saturday, I managed to sneak in a what her sat night was gonna be like, question. She claims shes having dinner with some friends (which sucks). But after i got her number/email she did ask me to email her or /call her (i asked if she wanted to see a movie or something sometime). Alas.. its not a slam dunk like I hoped for, but Ill have to settle for this. Fuckn friends.. who needs 'em? :P
Pull a KB and cut her when you see her next. She'll love it.
 
Top Bottom