Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hey guys, I need some advice!

regurgitator

I am not sure what kind of routine I need. I am thinking about going on the 3 day a week routine that Frorider and Cornholio were talking about. I haven't lifted in 3 months and I feel like crap. I have gained a little bit of fat around my waist(good ole Holliday drinking!). Here are my current measurments: I am 5'11", around 178-180 pounds(haven't checked for awhile), waist is 35in(want to get it down), arms are 15.5,chest is 42(pretty small I guess),thighs are 25(standard skinny white guy legs),calves 15.5 and according to my calipers my BF is around 11-13%. My goal is to get to around 195 with 6-7%BF(basically I want the Vin Diesel,Vitor Belfort style bod). I know how to eat really clean but I am not sure if I should eat/train to cut this little bit of fat I have or bulk first. My diet is as follows:
6 meals a day
mostly chicken breast,steak,ground beef and tuna fish for protein.
2 Labrada shakes a day
rice,potatoes,salad,flax oil,yams,p. butter,salsa,oatmeal- the usual stuff.
I am getting about 200g protein a day, 200g/carbs, 75g fat.
I have been doing 3-4 days a week HITT cardio but it dosent seem to do much but give me sore shins.

I really want to be around 195 and lean....what would be my best approach?

-->>

Bump..C'mon guys....did I ask a dumb question or something? I was hoping by looking at my stats you could judge if I should go on a bulking program now or a cutting program followed by a bulk cycle. Any advice would be appreciated.

:devil:
Do you call yourself regurgitator because you're into Roman showers? Seriously, do a few searches and find a routine that best works for you. As far as diet, start counting your calories and adjust up or down from there.

regurgitator said:
6 meals a day
mostly chicken breast,steak,ground beef and tuna fish for protein.
2 Labrada shakes a day
rice,potatoes,salad,flax oil,yams,p. butter,salsa,oatmeal- the usual stuff.
I am getting about 200g protein a day, 200g/carbs, 75g fat.
I have been doing 3-4 days a week HITT cardio but it dosent seem to do much but give me sore shins.

I really want to be around 195 and lean....what would be my best approach?

Well - you are geting around 2300 calories per day. Way too low. Shoot for 15-20 calories per pound of bodyweight.

Go to www.fitday.com and register for their service which is free. Use their nutritional profiling program to check the number of cals, protein, etc. to make sure that your estimated are correct.

Remember the 15-20 calories per pound rule.

Fro training - follow the "OLD SCHOOL 3 DAY PER WEEK THREAD" that I have posted. Follow the program to the letter. Note that on Monday, the Deadlifts are stiff legged.

Realize that you will not gain all "lean" muscle. If you want to be a cut 195-200, you need to go to 210-215 and then add some cardio to burn excess flab.

Great article on here about gaining mass without getting fat. Look at my response and follow that advice as well. Try to post your exact diet and calories once you have used the Fitday and post program along with sets and reps.

Good luck.

Hit me up if I can help.

--->>

Hey thanks guys. I have been using Fitday for about 6 months- its great! I have been on an Iso-Caloric diet for a little while. I have been staying around 1900 cals/day(200g/protein,175-200g/carbs,65-75g/fat) because I was trying to lose an inch off my waist. I was confused about weather I should get rid of the existing fat before bulking. All the fat I have is on my waist, that is it. You guys are saying bulk anyway? I was interested in doing the old school workout so that is cool that you recommend that....looks like it should put on some pounds. Oh, and no roman showers...ack! Actually Regurgitator is an Aussie rock band...:D I work out with my girlfriend, what kind of program is good for chicks? I have done allot of searches and you know how the ladies get pissed when you ask in their forum. I had her on a 4 day split, all heavy. Could she do this same old school dealio?

Yeah, dude. Pack on the pounds now and then worry about cutting later after a good bulking period. It'll work out in the long run, which is what you want.

:kaioken:

Top Bottom