Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with my next creatine cycle

Madd Hatter

I started taking Creatine Jan. 2nd, about 7g for a few days, then about 10g from then on til now. I took half before workout, the other half right after. On off days I took it all at once in the morning. And I haven't noticed JACK, it sucks. I was originally going to stop Feb. 14 and take two weeks off of it, now I'm thinking of stopping right now, waiting 10 days, and then starting again, loading this time (5g 4x a day). Does this seem ok? How long should I load, maintain, and then go off? My first shot didn't do crap, so I'm looking for changes. TIA

When loading during your first two weeks, your intake should be around 5 grams, four times per day. After completing the loading phase, take 5 grams per day to maintain. If you still do not see any results, stop taking it. Creatine does not work for everyone.

First, try a good brand (Prolab, EAS, or anything that contains Creapure). Mix it with carbs. Try adding ALA. Bump it up to 10-20 grams ED. If that doesn't work, quit.

What kind of creatine are you using? Also, what do your training and diet programs look like?

I used Volumex, I now have Prolab's Creapure also.
My diet is a bulking one.... meaning I have a fair amount of "cheat" food. :) My protein intake is on the low side (160g+ I think on work days, maybe only 120 on a bad day), I THINK fat is acceptable, carbs either acceptable or on low side (before I started a gainer shake, I don't think I was at 75% RDA for an average person). On the menu is: oatmeal, turkey, protein shakes (including gainers), tuna, protein bar (not for long though), normal person cereal/toast/oj. Occasionally I'll scarf down a frozen pizza, because what the hell, I'm 6'2" 175.
I train on a 3-day split (chest/tris, bis/back, legs/shoulders), go to the gym 4-5 days a week usually. Tend to do more sets/exercises than I probably should, but I never feel like I'm doing any good, and hardly ever feel sore. I feel I have an intensity problem, but I'm not whistling while I lift. Do incorporate bench presses and squats, just last week started TRYING deadlifts, though I'm sure I'm doing them wrong. I could post a detailed day if you think it matters. Thanks.

Last edited:
Intensity is very important if you are only training 3 days a week. If you train more frequently you can get away with less intensity. Other than that, everything looks pretty good. Even though your amount of protein could be considered low, I can make gains off of 160g protein and I weigh 215. Granted, I eat more protein when I can afford to. I've never known anyone who used Volumex creatine but I would highly recommend Phosphagen HP by EAS. I'm not sure how good the Prolab stuff is but I believe Prolab is a good brand.

I have heard good stuff about Prolab but I say try AST or EAS creatine. I never do a load phase and I don't take creatine on my off days. I slam 5-7g before workout w/ dextrose and Whey (15 min before workout) then 5-7g of creatine after workout w/ dextrose (no whey). Dextrose will allow your muscles to absorb the ceartine. Then take just whey 30min after workout. Then wait 30 more min... now is time to eat. I think you will see improvements for your dollar. If not, get rid of creatine but stick w/ shake and food routine.

Prolab is the best creatine. For one, it contains creapure. Creapure is 99% pure. The lab tests of each batch are stamped on the bottle along with the manufacturing date. I don't know of any other product with that much info. backing it. You can also find creapure in other products, but Prolab usually offers good deals with free tee-shirts or twin packs of creatine.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't know much about GI carbs for post-creatine.... are they necessary? Would oatmeal or a gainer shake count? I don't have any dextrose, and I've ordered 3 batches of supps in the last month, I really don't want to order more.

Top Bottom