Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UglyBob

I'm confused, my pharmacist is confused and my doctor is confused by CCs versus MGs versus MLs. Maybe you can set me straight.

I usually use Androgel for HRT, but it has temporarily disappeared off the shelves. Now I'm using Depo-Testosterone (cypionate) 100 mgs per mL. My doctor wrote the script for no particular dose given once a month. So, I've already got problems, right?

The 21G 1-1/2" needles the pharmacy gave me hurt too much for me to give myself shots. A nice old pharmacy lady guessed these needles might be a good size.

I just used a 27G 1/2" allergy needle in my upper thigh and did fine. The dose I guessed at based on things I read on the internet was .5 CCs (1/2 of 1CC as shown on the needle cylinder).

I am 54. Have diagnosed low T around 270. I weigh 225 pounds at 5'10". I have been on HRT for a couple of years now. I am not a bodybuilder or power lifter. My regular exercise is walking around the shop at work.

• .5 cc is the same as .5 mL, and that means I took 50 mGs of T. Right?
  • Is that a reasonable, weekly starting dose for HRT?

I had no trouble injecting the warm oil by using light pressure over a full minute or so. No pain. No needle lump. No bleeding. I would have no trouble doing that every week.

Last edited:
Yes that is 50mg, and is a reasonable weekly starting dose. But I can't believe a doctor would prescribe you testosterone with no dose information. Is he going to give you blood tests to see how you are reacting to the new delivery method, and possibly check your estrogen level?

Also, 1/2" is pretty short and 27g is pretty thin. You'd have better luck and experience with 23-25g 1.5" for thigh or glutes and possibly 1" for delts.

Find a new TRT doc Ugly Bob

Wow

I would find a new doctor!

Let's start with the needles. I draw with a 22g and pin with a 25g 1" to 1 1/2" depending on where I'm shooting.

Glutes is best for most optimal absorption rate. Quads are second. Delts are nice and easy. Can get away with a 25g 5/8 or 1" with Delts.

As far as TRT dose. 50mgs is pretty low per week. I'd even say 100mgs to 150mgs every 7-10 days is a better option to start with. Followed by blood work to confirm T levels and adjust accordingly from there.

As far as CC/ML/MG. It all really depends what it is

1 CC of a 200mg/ML
1 ML has 200mg which is 1 CC/ML

If your Test is 100mg/ML then .5 would be 50mgs. 1 ML/CC is 100mgs. Again, it depends on the dosage of that particular product.

Your doctor just gave you a script for a 10ML vial and was like Good Luck!?

No dosage or anything to go off of?

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

It suprises me to see how irresponsible some of these doctors
prescribe TRT.

And how many don't perscribe an AI

Wow! Your doctor just gave you a script for a 10ML vial and was like Good Luck!? No dosage or anything?

Ayup. I know-- amazingly irresponsible.

Another college graduate did almost the exact same thing with a lady at work who was Diabetic. Doc told her what dose to give in the morning, but didn't explain the dose was dependent on her eating a certain amount of carbs at breakfast. She took the shot, skipped breakfast and almost died 50 feet from my office.

So, since I seem to be in charge of my dose for a little while, I took another 50 mgs/CCs tonight (4 days later). I'm going to look for slightly longer, slightly bigger needles tomorrow. The Allergy needles actually worked okay since I'm in no hurry to draw out or inject the T. There is almost no pain at all.

Thanks to all for your feedback.

Top Bottom