Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help on fat loss

Rugbyrebel

Hey everyone, i'm new to this board and thought I would make use of it:

I am very fit and have great muscle tone, however, you can't see my muscles very well because they are hidden by fat! I have been working on my fitness for a long time and have achieved great things (like running a half marathon) but I still have not dropped the fat. I am 5'8 and weigh 200lb but only have about 20lbs of fat to lose (i'm guessing) I think my bf% is in the thirties and I really want to get it down. I am not a body builder but would like to lose the fat so I can 'monitor' my muscle tone the way I want it. I have never used any fat burning pills and products but have heard that there are some out there that work. I would like to lose as much fat I can (safely) before the summer because I really want to wear a bikini.

Any comments, opinions, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Also I really like this site, it is great!;)

welcome rugbyrebel

welcome rugbyrebel, i am also new and this site rocks. i can't stay out of it. anyway what does your diet and exercise program look like? how long have you been working out? have you ever had a personal trainer? would you be open to trying any supplement including ephedrine based? please type more info so everyone can take a stab at helping you with your bikini goal! well, enjoy the site.

Hey rugby... WELCOME aboard... I will try to answer your question as straight forward and honestly as i can, summer is practically here, don't think you will have the weight gone by then... set another goal date for yourself because to lose your weight and lower your bodyfat in a healthy way will take a little bit of time and effort on your part. For example... it is an obtainable goal to drop about .5%-1% bodyfat and ~2lbs. a week without having the weight zoom back on. So you figure, if you are 200 and want to drop at least 20 pounds, you are looking at roughly 10 weeks. This is on a "healthy" diet with cardio and weights... I don't mean to discourage your idea to be in a bikini this summer, but you need to be realistic about your goal and set up a program that will get you to that goal!!!
My suggestion now is to join a gym if you haven't already, get a program set up that incorporates both cardio and weight training about 5 times a week and a great diet consisting of protein/complex carb meals every 3-4 hours under 2000 calories a day.
There is so much to go through that i also recommend getting a trainer to get you started and to help keep you on your path to a new and improved healthy body... trainers are like coaches and can really help...

Definitely keep posting and reading... this site is a whirlwind of knowledge at your finger tips.. so use it :)
Good luck with everything and if you have any concerns or questions feel free to ask away... You go girl

Femmuscle is right... What your diet look like. A fat burner (like ECA stack) would help but if you don't have a good and clean diet it wouldn't be very effective.
Tell us more about what you eat...
LG

Thanks for the replies everyone and thanks for being honest, although I know it was pretty unrealistic to think I could be in a bikini by july, I was just desperately hanging on to the idea that the weight would magically disappear!:D I have already had a personal trainer and she was great, I really learned a lot and I am confident that I can get myself on a good weight training program (actually she already set me up on one, but I now know how to alter it if need be) My diet hasn't been all that great, but on a good day I try to eat a protein shake in the morning, sometimes with a english muffin or piece of fruit, at lunch I'll have orange juice, spirulina, granola bar, chicken/greek salad or can of tuna, afterschool I'll have tuna or fruit, juice and for dinner I'll probably have meat and potatoes or stir fry, something like that. Sometimes I'll make a vegetarian dish, if I have the time to make. I think my main problem with my diet is my inconsistancy. I will do well during the week but then on weekends I tend to falter. I have been always been interested in sports but have just recently started working out seriously the past year or two. I joined a gym 3 years ago. Next year I will be joining the army reserve until I finish high school and I really want to do well.
I am willing to try any supplement as long as it is safe but the only thing is that I am under 18 and many of the bottles say you have to over 18.

Once again thanks for the help and thanks to anyone who reads this very large post! :)

Push your eating to 6 meals per day
1g protein per # of bodyweight
Starchy Carbs before 2 pm
Fibrous carbs after 2pm
Add flaxseed oil and natural peanut butter for fat sources
1 gallon water minimum
60 min min to moderate intensity cardio first thing in the am on empty stomach
weight training on a 3-4 day split - go heavy 6-10 rep range
Do not reduce calories too much in order to drop weight faster as it will only slow your metabolism
1 cheat meal per week

Just keep kicking butt (sensibly) a 4-8 pound FAT loss is possible in 4 weeks and a great foundation for the remainder of your goal and your mental state.
Maybe look at the time between now and july as a "sprint". That you only have four weeks to be consistent and work hard and then roll that into another 4 weeks.
Take a look at sugar intake too...granola bars are notoriously high in sugar.

p.s love your signature :)

I was wondering if there are any supplements that can help me get off on a good start but is safe for my age? (I'm nearly 17)

By the way, my signature is from my new motto from when I went hiking last year and everything went wrong because we assumed too much about what it would be like.

Top Bottom