Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help needed with post-workout recovery!

shardik1000

I have a small problem: i'm seventeen and my parents will not let me purchase dextrose or maltodextrin online (I have not found either product locally.)

I am therefore at a loss as to what to consume for post-workout carbohydrates. I have heard that grape juice is good, yet I would think that it, being fruit-based, is high in fructose, which is not ideal for post-workout recovery.

I (at 5'7'' 130 pounds) have been eating a 140 cal white bread english muffin with one tablespoon honey (60 cal) plus 25 g egg white protein. Is this acceptable? Or are there better choices? Please, I would appreciate any help you can offer.

yeah that's a good start. Honey along with anything high GI is great for post workout - mainly liquid forms. Dextrose, honey, etc. White bread has 100gi and is fine if that is what you got. Load up on the honey. A good guideline = 1g of carbs per kilo of bodyweight.
25g of eggwhite protein. While good, you are better off with whey. Whey you can find at any gnc.

follow up with a carb - protein based meal ONE hour afterwards.

Blood,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, whey is not an option for me -- I am allergic to milk products. I have tried soy protein isolate, but I know that soy protein is inferior to egg white protein.

As a follow-up question, would I be better off with 140 cal of grape juice + 60 cal of honey, the english muffin + 60 cal honey, or 3 tbsp honey (180 cal)?
(All these options include, of course, the 25 g of egg protein.)

The reason I wonder about honey is that I have heard that it contains both glucose and fructose.

Yeah then eggwhites shuold be the next best choice. Go for real high gi foods , preferably easily digestible, like honey and white bread. I suggest that you dont look at cals, instead at amount of carbs you get .
Dont cook the eggwhites with stuff that will slow digestion such as cheese or bacon.

To answer the question, find out the english muffins GI . Basically eat whatever you can that is easily digestible with a high gi- such as white bread. If it is high gi, and doesnt contain much other crap, i think you are better off with that plus the honey.

Another option is a suggestion chillin gave me - eat sweet tarts. they use dextrose/glucose (100 GI) as sweeteners. i bet your parents let you eat sweets?

Top Bottom