Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help my BACK Workout!

thanks guys, i'll try doing deads on back day and see what happens. will also throw in t-bar rows and 1-arm db rows.

BOOEY said:
thanks guys, i'll try doing deads on back day and see what happens. will also throw in t-bar rows and 1-arm db rows.

if you can do them, pull ups are almost as important as deads for back growth.

Lee said:

Yeah, I meant I'm going to throw in T-bar and 1-arm into my workout program on top of the other exercises. Will probably get rid of straight arm pulldowns for now. I may have to split my back workout in two ....

heavy dumbell pullovers widen me out. some will argue that its a chest exercise, but i have learned to isolate the lats by adjusting my range of motion so that there is constant stress on my lats.

Lee said:

I have a question, okay since I'm kinda weak and can't really do pull-ups without starting at an angle or pushing off a little first would it be better if I did the lat machine until I can do them right, or should I just not worry about them period until I get higher numbers on the core 5 lifts? (Deads, Squats, Bench, Press, BB Rows)

Sculelos said:
I have a question, okay since I'm kinda weak and can't really do pull-ups without starting at an angle or pushing off a little first would it be better if I did the lat machine until I can do them right, or should I just not worry about them period until I get higher numbers on the core 5 lifts? (Deads, Squats, Bench, Press, BB Rows)
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html Find the kipping pull-up concepts wmv. That's what you want.
If I knew back when I would have saved myself lot's of time...

Sculelos said:
Yeah, I can already do pull-ups like that, I just thought that was cheating, but I guess if I can't do em regularly it's better then nothing.

Thanks for the info.
Ya, it's cheating. Bang enough of those out, though, and it's just a small transition to regular pullups.

Top Bottom