Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help my BACK Workout!

BOOEY

Banned
My back workout needs some serious change - I've been doing the same exercises for a while and need a change up.

Here's my current back workout:

Wide-grip Pullups
BB Rows
Under-hand grip Pulldowns
Straight-arm Pulldowns (standing)
Bent-over DB Flyes

I didn't include reps and sets because that's something I adjust myself and don't want advice on that particular aspect of my workout - only need suggestions for exercises. I know I should add T-bar Rows (I used to do them a lot) - what should they replace? What else can I add and what should it replace? Thanks!

(I do deads on leg day)

You could try power cleans and Pendlay rows. 1 arm rows would be an idea as well. I don't know where you would fit them in as I don't know the logic behind your current program.

StuWard said:
You could try power cleans and Pendlay rows. 1 arm rows would be an idea as well. I don't know where you would fit them in as I don't know the logic behind your current program.

Power Cleans and Hang Cleans would change things up nicely.

wide chin ups
bent over rows
one arm rows
go home any more then this in my opinion is over traning bro

st8grad said:
Power Cleans and Hang Cleans would change things up nicely.

Aren't these more for the "power" athlete? ... I want to isolate the back as much as possible. I figure squats, deads and bench are enough compound movements for me, as I'm going for the bodybuilder look.

1-arm db rows are probably a good idea. But with BB Rows already, wouldn't that be repetitive? I couldn't imagine replacing BB Rows -- maybe I should though.

BOOEY said:
My back workout needs some serious change - I've been doing the same exercises for a while and need a change up.

Here's my current back workout:

Wide-grip Pullups
BB Rows
Under-hand grip Pulldowns
Straight-arm Pulldowns (standing)
Bent-over DB Flyes

I didn't include reps and sets because that's something I adjust myself and don't want advice on that particular aspect of my workout - only need suggestions for exercises. I know I should add T-bar Rows (I used to do them a lot) - what should they replace? What else can I add and what should it replace? Thanks!

(I do deads on leg day)

I advise the following routine:

Workout A:

1. deadlifts: warm-up, 3x5
2. pulldowns
3. barbell rows
4. dumbbell rows
5. straight-arm pulldowns

Workout B:
1. pull-ups
2. barbell rows
3. T-bar rows
4. dumbbell rows
5. back extensions or reverse hyperextensions

Kroncke

do deads on back day, they are a back lift, not a leg lift. do SLDLs on leg day.

I agree. Do deads on back day also followed by heavy pendlay rows, heavy t bar rows, and heavy one arm rows and that should have your back growing.

Top Bottom