Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help for routine

willthare

Hey anyone can help me to make a 4 day free weights routine Sunday to Thursday with Tuesday off?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using EliteFitness

5x5 workout 3 days a week. Monday Wednesday Friday.

Complaining wont make you look good naked!

Please give a quick stats, including how long you have been working out and what your goals are.

Please give a quick stats, including how long you have been working out and what your goals are.

Hey 5 foot 10 weight is 60 kg body fat about 12% iv been working out for 4 weeks so a newbie :) my goals are to double in size :) my arm diameter is 30cm so small to you lot lol thighs are about 50 cm so I need a lot of work there lol

Congrats on starting your journey and for asking questions to help you along the way. I feel that for the first couple years, as long as you are hitting every body part at least once a week, you will see gains. That is if your diet is there to support bulking. A common split for 4 days is Chest/tris, back/bis, legs, shoulders, and core (abs and lower back) every day. I would encourage you to pick 3-4 exercises per body part and really focus on your form as you slowly increase your weight for 8 weeks, and then change up the routine with 1 or 2 new exercises and repeat. It is easy to find good examples of form all over the internet. The growth rep range tends to be 10-12 to near failure, but you can go a little lower to work on strength. I wouldn't go much higher right now as you are interested in bulking and not cutting. You will want to be consistent with a multi vitamin, creatine, and protein supps (bars and shakes) to help get a good solid base. You can find some good examples of bulking diets here in the diet/training section. You will want to settle into a 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight for consistent growth.

Congrats on starting your journey and for asking questions to help you along the way. I feel that for the first couple years, as long as you are hitting every body part at least once a week, you will see gains. That is if your diet is there to support bulking. A common split for 4 days is Chest/tris, back/bis, legs, shoulders, and core (abs and lower back) every day. I would encourage you to pick 3-4 exercises per body part and really focus on your form as you slowly increase your weight for 8 weeks, and then change up the routine with 1 or 2 new exercises and repeat. It is easy to find good examples of form all over the internet. The growth rep range tends to be 10-12 to near failure, but you can go a little lower to work on strength. I wouldn't go much higher right now as you are interested in bulking and not cutting. You will want to be consistent with a multi vitamin, creatine, and protein supps (bars and shakes) to help get a good solid base. You can find some good examples of bulking diets here in the diet/training section. You will want to settle into a 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight for consistent growth.

Thank you and thank for your advice I will make up a routine based on what you have said. Also how many sets ? And negative reps and so on?
Thank you

Like I said in the other topic I think you should shoot for 3-4 sets on isolation exercises like bicep curls, flys, tricep extentions, lunges, etc.

Compound movements like bench press, squats, and deadlifts shoot for at least 5 working sets.

Really though, do as many sets as you feel you need to tear up your muscles. You'll know the feeling when your muscles are completely destroyed.

That sounds about right. I'm a 4 set man when I train like that. Pyramid up, pyramid down, keep it interesting. Something like 4 exercises/4 sets. As the years go by, and you refine your diet and goals, you will want to look at more advanced approaches like periodizing and dog crap training, but you have plenty of time to research those things. Just keep your basic supps in place and be consistent with your diet, and you will make some great gains.

OK thanks guys I think iv learnt plenty from you two to get goin :). Last night I worked on my shoulders real hard and I never ever get the muscle pain the next day so I always feel that I didn't do anuf I did 3 sets off 6 to 8 rep until muscle fail then 3 sets or 10 to 12 until muscle fail on 3 exercises. Weird :s

Make sure to start a thread if you run into any bumps in the road. It can help keep your training interesting and effective.

Top Bottom