Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help...22 year old feeling like a 52 year old

nikki11119

Hi, I am 22 and feel about 52 right now. I am curently 24 pounds heavier than usual and desperately trying to get myself going to diet and work out daily. I cannot seem to get myself to the gym regularly because I always feel physically tired, weak, worn out, and highly unmotivated. Any suggestions...vitamins, energy foods. How can I feel more energetic and motivated???:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Change your diet to more protein, moderate carbs, low fat and eat 6-7 meals (small) per day. Take a multi-vitamin and if you need to, take some caffiene to get you to the gym. After a diet change, you should start to feel better and then even better once you get the gym more often. If you do not, then you need to go see your doctor and have a TSH performed. This is a simple blood test to check your Thyroid to make sure it is normal. Low energy, weight gain can signify thyroid trouble. But try the diet first, then exercise. Find some reason to get motivated...like to check out the good looking guys (as you girls say) at the gym! Good luck!

You gotta just bite the bullet and GO TO THE GYM and EAT CLEAN. Once you start going to the gym and eating better, you will feel better. It actually doesn't take long to get some stamina and energy back.

WHY did you gain the weight? Bad eating? Stopped working out? No reason for a thyroid test if you KNOW why you gained weight. If one morning you just woke up and you were 24lbs heavier....thats a reason to get some tests done. If you ate like crap and didn't work out for 3 months, then you HAVE to do some lifestyle changes.

No energy pills, drinks or vitamins will do it for you. Don't depend on outside things to motivate you, to succeed you have to find it within and motivate yourself.

Unfortunatly you have to hear the "click". Until you hear it for yourself, nothing we say is going to get you motivated. While that is happening, just try going. Make it as easy as possible. Pack your clothes with you and go straight from work...anything to get you there. Start journaling everything you eat. This is soooo important. What an eye opener this can be. Remember what you are doing it for. Write those reasons done, make copies and paste them anywhere and everywhere. Give yourself a time line and create a calendar. Put it somewhere visable. Buy some star stickers(you know the kind we use to get as kids). Every good day you have, put a star on your calendar.

And most of all, just do it. Even if your tired. It takes 3 weeks to make something a habit. So the good news is, if you do this for 3 weeks straight, then you are probably in the clear.

I am in the same boat as you. If you want to talk, pm me!

hey i am 22 hears old too and i am about 20-25 lbs. over what i want to be and should be. have you lost any or what steps have you taken. please let me know. thanks

I def. take offense with the above e:mail - I am 52 yr old, have been weight training for 4 years and people can't believe how old I am - they say I look in my 30's. So before you say I feel like a 52 yr old - think about what you are saying because a lot of older people are in shape and sometimes look better than alot of younger people.

drink lots of water!!!! keep yourself hydrated throughout the day (gallon to a gallon and a half a day). this will help keep you from feeling sluggish.

Top Bottom