Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

has anyone had success with St. John's Wort for depression?

troy2001

If you have had success with St. John's Wort for depression, what brand did you use and how much?

If you didn't have success, let me know.

Thanks.

My wife took it for a short period of time, she said it didn't help her and it made her skin light sensitive so she couldn't tan. Ironicaly she tans to help combat depression. Try kava kava it relaxes you and puts you in a good mood.

I used it and like it a lot. I stopped using it, however, when I read that it acts in much the same way as a MAO inhibitor. If you look on the labels of a lot of medications and nutritional supplements, they advise against using them in conjunction with a MAO inhibitor. I would recommend that you do your research and/or ask a doctor.

I found it completely useless.

I did benifit a great deal from 5-HTP though. Even used 5-HTP and NADH at one point.

I have never truely been clinically depressed though, just "dysthymic" (ie: general maliase, sadness, etc). I found the cobo of the above two to be VERY helpful in dealing with my "stupidity" too (ie: I took E a few times and the depression that can cause is severe, 5-HTP/NADH makes that not happen at all...)

I've found it very useful for me and the people i gave it to,

This helps me fast if i get depressed or upset about something:
take some st john's wart and some kava kava and take a nap for an hour or two. When i wake up my mind is off the problem..

-alex

St. John's wort takes atleast 2-3 weeks to really see any noticable difference. Like Kava, it is more so used for stress than depression. It will help you tolerate other people better and help them tolerate you better. I would strongly recommend L-Tyrosine in high dosages for depression...it will help you tolerate yourself better. Try 4-6 grams two or three times a day. SAMe has been known to work pretty well too, but its alot more expensive.

Just to let people know. There are studies that are leading to the belief that st john's wort diminishes the effectivness of the birth control pill. Just something for the ladies to be aware of.

i've heard a lot of bad things from St.Johns from the media. I've never used the stuff but i would think 5-HTP would work pretty effectively, which i believe increases seratonin levels. Some people use 5-HTP for dieting to help curb carb craves.

I LOVE THAT STUFF! Take some with your ECA stack and they work synergisticly. It's great, tons of energy and you feel really happy!

RE: St. John's Wort

I took St. John's Wort for 8 weeks and noticed no diffference. The studies I've read claimed it takes 6 weeks to "kick in" but it never did. Just another hoax for health food stores to milk more money out of people.

Top Bottom