Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone ever quit smoking.....

aaron_everette said:
Where do I check my karma message?
See the blue bar ^^^ up there? From left to right it reads Profile ... Platinum Games .... Blogs ... etc?

Click on Profile.

That takes you to a new page. That's the user control panel, you can do a lot of things there, so you should get familiar with that page, but if you scroll down and you'll see your Karma messages :qt:

aaron_everette said:
if so what was the easiest way for you?

Chainsmoke yourself stupid in your room until everything around you is rancid, but finish the cigarettes even when you are completely disgusted. Then Febreeze your room and open the window, quitting cold turkey with that rancid smell still in your mind that you'll be reminded by every time you want to light up.

Cold Turkey PERIOD. If you really want to quit, you will do it. Mind over matter baby. Don't try to fool yourself into quiting if you aren't really ready for it.

aaron_everette said:
if so what was the easiest way for you?
I quit smoking (*much to Bino and KBs' chagrin) on June 19, 2005. I used Wellbutrin and also the nicotine patch for 6 weeks. After that it was smooth sailing. And then I got really fat.

Good luck.

musclemom said:
Check your K message :qt:

It's not so hard, thinking about it is harder, seriously. You plan for it, you prepare for it, you get stoked to do it, make it something you're looking forward to, in fact.
Trust me, fucking cigarettes don't have power over you unless YOU give them that power. You take your power back, you feel like a million bucks.

If you want to go cold turkey and want something else that "helps" Chantix is a relatively new drug that works best with people who are motivated, and want to go cold turkey. The thing is, you can't use Chantix in combination with nicotine replacement. Like I said, give me a shout if you want!
This is the key right here.

musclemom said:
It's a scientific fact cravings for anything, food, booze, cigarettes, pass in about 10 minutes.
Absolutely true.
The cravings will come, but always know that within 10 mins, it will br gone again whether you smoke one or not. So you might as well not.

Cold Turkey is the only way to go. you have to want to quit, you have to want to quit, you have to want to quit, you have to want to quit, you have to want to quit, you have to want to quit.

why would you want to quit?

don't you know that smokers are on average 10x cooler than nonsmokers?

i've done week long breaks from smoking, and have managed, but i gave up quiting a while ago. not until i stop drinking/partying and cut back on my tree smokage am i going to be able quit seriously.

Top Bottom