Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

has anyone dealt with this?

The bodybuilding lifestyle is perfect for recovering anorexics. It's the ultimate way to control your body and diet, but in a good way; you get to eat, be strong and healthy and feel good. [/B]

This is what changed things for me. Comments like...'you're too thin, you will permanently injure your health, you have a problem' I answered 'thank you, I'm thin, in control and feel great'.

As has been noted, eating disorders are all about control. When I was introduced to another way to get control of my physique and eating, I poured myself into it all the way... everyday training, logging each bite, endles reading about bb & diets. In a way, kinda traded one disorder for another (sometimes I still feel this way... w/ all the attention we give to food timing, proper carbs, preparing your own foods, etc...)

Higher self-esteem and a real feeling of empowerment comes from weight training- anorexics are looking for this in the wrong place.... also as mentioned, anorexics are independent- perhaps some of the attraction to bb came from it being an individual sport... not a team thing- no one else can take credit for the work, you get to have total control of yourself.

As new said, show her a pic of Timea or other fitness gal- for me it was Rachel McLish. All the best to you in this situation w/ your sister.

:)

Now it is even worse...i took her out for her b-day yesterday and found out she is PREGNANT! Now her boyfriend just broke up with her and she is freaking. So now if she is able to carry full term (MD said she probably wont due to some infections and size), i am moving her in with us and trying to help her get her shit straight...my husband is going to do financial counseling with her and i am going to get her to stop the party lifestyle (she is out all night racing cars with her friends and has 36 points on her license to prove it...she can't get a real license for 5 yrs) And i now have to try my damndest to get her to eat healthy and give up the smoking and caffiene. I haven't slept all night now worrying about her. This is getting bad.

Top Bottom