Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Happy Veterans Day

Regardless of what side you fight for, all soldiers deserve respect. Happy Veterans day. If it wasn't for the fact that most wars have underlying political agendas and as such I'd end up fighting against my own people, I'd join the Canadian forces in a heart beat. There aren't much nobler causes out there than to lay your life on the line for your country. Much respect to all the vets on here.

my grandpa was a POW in Korea. They tortured him for 6 days, beat him half to death, stripped him naked, shot him in the leg, stabbed him in both sides of his ribcage and left him for dead in 4 ft of snow.

He crawled a little over 2 miles and was found by an American patrol who brought him back to his camp. He had scratched the grid coordinates into his forearm with a stick and his unit was able to find where he was held, attack and kill 60 Koreans and free 13 Marines that were held there.

He was awarded 3 separate medals for his actions and a chapter in his Captain's book is written about him.

He was 17 at the time lol he had lied about his age and joined at 16.

Fucking hardass to this day. I have newspaper clippings of him fighting as a Golden Glove in the Marines. 44-0-1 with 42 knockouts.

No way I can live up to that

sounds a lot like my grandpa. he was too young to enlist but lied about his age too and was a POW. he's never talked about it much. any info I've gotten is from my grandma. he didn't really chew through his foot, obviously

Yeah mine won't talk much either. Got all my info on him from grandma and from the book his captain wrote. He retired as a Colonel after 24 years and still won't eat pears.

He's been having some messed up nightmares the last few years too I just found out about it a few weeks ago

Hell no they don't. When that patrol found him he had a bucket of pears around his neck that he had found that he was intending to eat if he could find a way to make a fire and thaw them out.

They asked him where he found them and how long he'd been dragging them and he said he couldn't remember anything other than what the guy who beat him looked like.

I did a report on him in elementary and he has scared the shit out of me ever since. Dudes like 77 now and still don't give a fuck

lmao. mine's pretty fucking mean himself. he doesn't get along with very many people.

he just turned 78. I wonder if they served together or would even remember.

Was yours Marines or Army? I'll PM you his name and you can ask your pops. That would be awesome if they served together

Yeah mine won't talk much either. Got all my info on him from grandma and from the book his captain wrote. He retired as a Colonel after 24 years and still won't eat pears.

He's been having some messed up nightmares the last few years too I just found out about it a few weeks ago

My dad fought in WWII, in the South Pacific. He had to live off pineapples for a few weeks and never ate a pineapple after that. Also never wanted to go back to Hawaii or any other island, no matter how gorgeous a vacation spot it was.

He never talked about any of the killing he had to do or even really any shooting at Japs he did. His stories were all funny ones involving him and his buddies. It seemed like he had a lot of stories when I was a kid, but I realize it was a handful or two that he just re-told. He didn't have a lot of fond memories of the war. He tried to hang on to the ones he wanted, but I found out much later, closer to his death that he had constant nightmares after the war. It seemed to have haunted him much worse towards the end (of his life) as well.

Get all the stories you can. Save them, record them, write them down. Learn everything you can from these men. One day they will be gone and it will be too late.

my grandfather recorded all his stories on tape before he died. I have them on a flash drive now, I listen to them every once in awhile, pretty cool to still be able to hear his voice.

Reactions: ceo
Top Bottom