Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstring Stretching Exercise

IronLion

A lot of people have asked how to get their hamstrings more flexible and I told them to do what I call strict Romanian DL's. This means that the hips should break backward, and rotate forward just like the squat at the beginning of the movement. This allows the hamstrings to be pre-stretched. Then lower the bar with the chest out and arch tight. The bar should scrape along the thighs and even the most flexible of people won't get past their knees with good form. The back should be arched hard throughout the move. The side benefits are that it will help with olympic pulls and deadlift lockout while it is stretching the hamstrings. Do not try to do too much weight at first and focus on sets of 8-12 with perfect form. Your hamstrings should feel stretch as soon as you lower the bar, if not you are doing something wrong.

Here is a video of me doing these, disregard my huge ass please.

RDL My Way

hope this helps

Hey thanks IronLion, I have THE most inflexible hams (my chiropractor tells me I'm 1 step from rigormortis), so I'm going to start adding these in as part of my stretching.

NICE!

i will start these tomorrow

also, that shaved head\beard combo looks pretty badass. i hope i can pull that off some day

Those look like the SLDL I was trying to do this morning... I did feel a good stretch in my hams. How would a SLDL be different than those (i.e. what am I doing wrong)?

Backlash said:
Those look like the SLDL I was trying to do this morning... I did feel a good stretch in my hams. How would a SLDL be different than those (i.e. what am I doing wrong)?

yeah bro- that looks like an sdl
i thought russians were more like a barbell hack squat

They're Romanians. His legs aren't straight. :confused:

I have noticed a lot of improvement since I started doing mine this way a few months ago. Before he showed me these I was basically using the same form as him, but wasn't focusing on flexing my hamstrings from the very start. It makes a big difference.

I thought SLDL was Stiff-Legged as opposed to straight-legged and it was ok to bend the knees a bit (his aren't bent much). As long as you don't use your kness to do the movement (i.e. they stay bent at the same angle and are thus stiff, even though bent).

Top Bottom