Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good sources of LOW glycemic carbs for US bodybuilders?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
I currently use oatmeal, brown rice, Barilla Multi-grain Plus pasta (with ALA omegas in it) and sweet potato.

Getting tired of sweet potatos taste to be honest with you. Anything else I can use?

Please list. Thank you.

I am big fan of low carb wraps. I also like macadamia nuts to snack on. Many vegetables are good too like spinach I believe. Just look up the glycemic index of them though.

I'm very busy and dont' have much time to go searching on the web. Hence why I come here. LOL

Type out the question....BOOM! Get answer.

Lazy? No! Just very busy. Have to go!

Bump this shit up!

I currently use oatmeal, brown rice, Barilla Multi-grain Plus pasta (with ALA omegas in it) and sweet potato.

Getting tired of sweet potatos taste to be honest with you. Anything else I can use?

Please list. Thank you.

I have been liking Quinoa(gi 35) and Lentils(gi 22green-30brown depending on type.)

Both can be found pretty cheap quinoa also has the most protein of an grain.

I have had the TABOULI, have not made the PILAF.

Some good sounding recipes for quinoa:
QUINOA PILAF
1/2 cup carrot, diced
6 cups quinoa, cooked (basic recipe)
1/2 cup green onion, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1 cup almonds, sliced
1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
1/4 tsp oregano
salt to taste

Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil until clear, yet crisp: stir in oregano. Add sautéed vegetables to cooked, hot quinoa, mixing well. Add salt to taste. Dry-roast almonds in heavy skillet until lightly golden. Add almonds and mix. Serves 6-8. Quinoa pilaf served as a side dish with fish or chicken is delicious. Vary the pilaf using your favorite vegetables, or by cooking the quinoa in chicken, fish or vegetable stock instead of water.

TABOULI
2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBL fresh mint or 1 TBL dried mint
salt and pepper to taste
1 garlic clove, pressed

Maybe try making sweet potato fries or cut them thin and make baked potato chips. You do not have to add oil and grease to call them fries or potato chips.

Top Bottom