Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

God Of Diets Please Proof Read This (MS?)

Liberator

Ive gone over my diet again as I have stopped gaining weight (stuck at 192lbs, 10% bf :bawling: ), Ive been stuck at that for 2 weeks, Ive worked out I am now at AMR cals, Ive been "bulking" for 3 months now but have put barely any fat on at all (Ive kept fat relatively low, about 40g, substituted with huge carb intake).

I want to gain another 14pounds, and have worked out that I would need to hit around 4320cals possibly even 4500, I was thinking of making the difference in quality carbs (pasta or rice) and adding flax seed oil. This should give me about 4400cals at least.

Current Diet:

360.65g Protein
517.5g Carbs
40.6g Fat
Total Calories--> 3644

My NEW diet would consist of:

373.65g Protein
648.3.g Carbs
45g Fat
Total Calories--> 4400 (higher if i use flax)

These figures are huge, but bare in mind I am 6ft 3.75, all I want to know is if this looks ok to you, I have a fast metabolism.

Hopefully someone can kind of proof read this shit for me as its my first bulking diet I have ever had the pleasure of working on.

I dont use creatine....yet.

Thanks

Last edited:
Two words: Oatmeal Milkshakes!

I developed this tasty shake back in the mid 80's in order to pack on extra size for high school football. It worked wonders. It's high calorie, nutritious, delicious and it's guaranteed to put mass on a pipecleaner!

Oatmeal Milkshakes:

2 cups milk
1 cup raw Quaker Oats
1 overripe banana
1 raw egg (optional)
pinch of cinnamon (optional)

Combine ingredients and blend in blender until smooth. The more overripe the banana, the more it tastes like a banana milkshake.

Start with one of these shakes per day, then work up to two a day, and if you're brave, three a day. A 30pound gain in one year is not uncommon when consuming these shakes combined with a strength training routine based around basic exercises (squats, rows, presses, curls, dips, chins).

Thank me later..

You stopped gaining weight for 2 weeks: Big deal. Don't worry about it, all you need are minor changes. Fat should be kept at a minimum of .35 per lb of bodyweight. In your case, that's 67g minimum. Increase calories in 200-250 cal increaments not 900! By adding 30g of fat, you will be adding 270 cals. If after another 1 and a half or so, you have not gained, add another 200 cals from carbs.

thanks for the advice

The reason I picked 800 was because I worked out what the AMR was for 206lb version of me, and thought that would be a good target, but maybe an increase of 800 in one day is not such a good idea afterall.

I'll get hold of some flax seed oil then and use that to increase my calories by 270 and drop the carbs I was going to add.

Out of interest what would happen if I continued to train with my original diet for say the rest of the year? Would I remain at that weight but build muscle and lose fat or would I be stuck in a rut and be going nowhere?

I was kind of amazed that I would have to eat that diet to remain at a puny 192lbs!!!!!!!

Rudee, that shake sounds pretty damn good, I'll give it a try!!

Oh yeah, I dont do cardio, am I gonna die?

Thanks for both your replies!!

The bodyweight will come on, but it will take time. You obviously have a fast metabolism in which your body "wastes" excess calories over your metabolic setpoint. Your body has a setpoint in which calories below the setpoint triggers a metabolic slowdown. Conversely, calories too high above the setpoint are "wasted". Scientific evidence backs up this "wasting" theory.

If you want to see how calorie "wasting" works, then go ahead and increase your daily calories by 1000 calories per day without changing your activity level. Now, according to the math, the additional 1000 calories/day above maintenance should result in a net gain of over 100 pounds in one year. It' ain't going to happen!! Chances are, you will gain some weight, but not nearly 100 pounds as the math computes. So, what happened to these thousands and thousands of calories? They were wasted by the body because of the bodies metabolic setpoint.

Additional calories for a person with a fast metabolism can act as a double-edge sword, in that increasing caloric intake significantly, actually increases the bodies metabolic setpoint. i.e., metabolism is up-regulated to match the increased calorie level; the result, a faster metabolism. The worst scenario for the hard gainer. I know you didn't want to hear that. ;)

If you're a hard gainer, it's essential you avoid expending energy where it is not needed. i.e., aerobics is a "no-no". Also, keep the duration of your workouts to a minimum. Certainly no longer than a hour/4 days week.

I've seen sooooooo many hard gainers waste away at the gym over the years. Instead of becoming more muscular, they have lost muscle and have made little change to their body over the years. I'm actually training a person right now, in which he's put on more size in the 11 weeks he's been working with me, than he has in 6 years of strength training. The first thing I did was reduce his workouts to 3 times/week, one hour maximum.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Drink Cell-Tech ... 14 lbs. in 3 days is easy ... it will bloat the shit out of ya ...

seriously, yes take Flax oil ... and go to an Eat all You can Buffet ... eat until you can't breath .. :D

Well I dont know if I am a hardgainer

I have only been training with a proper diet since about the middle of February and since then have put on 15lbs, barely any fat at all, if anything I look leaner!!.

I was hoping to gain 20-30lbs total by the end of year

That was my goal, I know its ambitious.

I havent eaten cheat food, or drank anything since that date or done cardio.

I want maximum gains over a year

Liberator said:
Well I dont know if I am a hardgainer

I have only been training with a proper diet since about the middle of February and since then have put on 15lbs, barely any fat at all, if anything I look leaner!!.

I was hoping to gain 20-30lbs total by the end of year

That was my goal, I know its ambitious.

I havent eaten cheat food, or drank anything since that date or done cardio.

I want maximum gains over a year

You're not a hardgainer! Hardgainers are ppl that can't rely on good genetics and need to pay strict attention to their diets and training. Basically, most ppl are hardgainers, except some are really stubborn and don't gain anything because they are lazy or unwilling to change.

Top Bottom