Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

glutamine

Therealj hit the nail on the head.It is the PRIMARY amino acid abundant in muscle tissue.It has immune system boosting capabilities,and recuperative response elevating actions.One of the few supps I would actually recommend....

L-glutamine

Glutamine Information
L-glutamine -- hgh (human growth hormone) releasers
Reasons for taking l- glutamine:
Growth hormone release -- more muscle / less fat
Stronger immune system
Blood sugar control
More agile brain
Healthier intestines (particularly if you are a frequent NSAID -- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs user)
If you are under heavy stress (including strenuous exercise) or recovering from injury or other trauma
Helpful as adjunct therapy in the treatment of addictions such as alcoholism
Especially popular with bodybuilders, and with those who wish to perk up their physical and mental energy.
Glutamine is a carbon and nitrogen donor. It helps replenish glycogen which restores energy. In fact, it is used a source of energy and nucleotide synthesis for all rapidly dividing cells in the body. As the most important component of muscle protein, it helps repair torn muscle fibers and builds up muscle. The heart, especially, uses Glutamine for fuel, converting it to glutamate used in the ATP cycle. It also helps release growth hormone (a 2 gram dose can cause a four-fold increase in HGH.) Body builders should take 2 to 3 grams after a work-out. This prevents the other Glutamine-hungry parts of the body from stealing Glutamine from the muscles where it is preserved to grow muscle tissue.

UglyASS:D

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
Therealj hit the nail on the head.It is the PRIMARY amino acid abundant in muscle tissue.It has immune system boosting capabilities,and recuperative response elevating actions.One of the few supps I would actually recommend....

Kinda off the topic here, but Huck, what other supps DO you reccommend?
YUM

I've been curious about this stuff for a while too...........might just have to use your cocktail recipe at the end of my cycle "j". Who makes the best glutamine supplement BTW?

Willyumyum said:

Kinda off the topic here, but Huck, what other supps DO you reccommend?
YUM

Creatine
multi-vitamin/mineral
milk-thistle extract
Alpha-lipoic acid
glutathione
E/C stack
flax-seed oil
ginger root
Saw palmetto extract
Whey/casein protein combo(combines the fast-acting action of whey with the timed release of casein)

I'm sure I could come up with a few more,this is just off the top of my head...

Last edited:
This is great news. I got a bunch as a gift but had no idea it was this useful. With all the hype about supplements it's hard to tell what's bs and what's true.

One more thing to add about glutamine. I believe that glutamine peptides is a better choice than L-glutamine as most of the L form don't make it passed the intestines to get to the muscles, whereas the peptide-bonded version is more successful in this regard.

Top Bottom