Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine - Info Wanted

i buy powdered glutamine from the local supp store for like 10-20 bux. lasts couple months. just add it into protein drink

If you want to metabolize as much of that product as possible, this would be the worst way to take it.

The amino acid is dependent upon the appropriate uptake pathway in the intestinal lining, and in other parts of the body to delivery it to specific tissues. If you take glutamine along with any complete protein (dairy extracts, meat, eggs) it's having to compete with aspartic acid for the x-ag system to get transported across the intestinal lining. You don't want that.

Take BCAA's or any other amino either on an empty stomach or with carbs, at least a few hours away from complete protein, otherwise you're wasting some of it.

If you want to metabolize as much of that product as possible, this would be the worst way to take it.

The amino acid is dependent upon the appropriate uptake pathway in the intestinal lining, and in other parts of the body to delivery it to specific tissues. If you take glutamine along with any complete protein (dairy extracts, meat, eggs) it's having to compete with aspartic acid for the x-ag system to get transported across the intestinal lining. You don't want that.

Take BCAA's or any other amino either on an empty stomach or with carbs, at least a few hours away from complete protein, otherwise you're wasting some of it.

Appreciated!

Wow thanks for the info. I take four gear tabs before and four tabs after my workout. I also take my glutamine chews immediately after workout and I take half my BCAAs during and the other half after workout. I also eat a better protein bar immediately after workout. So what should I do instead to separate the protein bar and aminos? Also will gear also affect amino intake?

Wow thanks for the info. I take four gear tabs before and four tabs after my workout. I also take my glutamine chews immediately after workout and I take half my BCAAs during and the other half after workout. I also eat a better protein bar immediately after workout. So what should I do instead to separate the protein bar and aminos? Also will gear also affect amino intake?

IIRC Gear (the OTC product) is super plasma protein, correct? In that case, yes some of the aminos in the Gear would compete for the same transport pathways as glutamine and the resulting metabolic competition would mean some of the glutamine could not get carried across the intestinal barrier.

As for the BCAA's (leucine, isolecine, valine), I think they are all large neutral aminos which means they all would compete for the NBB system to cross the small intestine barrier. That is not the same system as the one used by glutamine, so in my understanding there would be no metabolic competition there.

Im actually going to order some powerchews glutamine today. never used glutamine before. Was researching a couple threads before my order today.

ANybody else like it?

You actually absorb more glutamine from BCAA's than directly from glutamine. -- reason being, the body can't assimilate glutamine very well, whereas, it converts BCAA's into glutamine in the intestines where it can;t be destroyed by the stomcah acids. GEAR contains no glutamine for a very good reason. The ingredients in GEAR are far better.

Extra Glutamine is fine, but GEAR is the best bang for your anabolic buck.

Top Bottom