Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Generation Iron - Pumping Iron film remake - will they deny the steroids & drugs?

My wife and I made the 200-mile round trip to Ontario and went to see it last night, and I'm happy to report that they did an EXCELLENT job, IMHO, of giving us the credit we're due for all the work and dedication it takes to get where we are. The reference to AAS was short but concise, and very accurate. They made a STRONG point that you can't just order gear online and turn into the hulk. I hope that this will trickle down to the judgmental and ignorant public!!!! It's definitely not a blockbuster epic film, but it's worth seeing, but probably not necessary to see in the theater unless you want to say you did, which is why we went (in our matching Olympia 2013 shirts).

This documentary has about as much mass appeal as a documentary on badminton

I think this is it. The theater was not packed (I was mistaken about that theory), but it wasn't empty either. BUT: Everybody in there was obviously in the sport, or at least works out (or was with somebody who is). No "regular" families, and no typical groups of kids.

^^^ yeah because it isn't shown in a lot of theaters i'm not surprised if they get a couple packed theaters for it. however its not exactly a movie that people will see over and over so once you see it once you won't be back. i'm not 100% sure how it works (so someone who works in the biz please correct me if i'm wrong) but i believe the distributor has to pay to show the movie, and documentaries do not have big budgets to exactly market or buy space.

this is why you see a lot of made for tv movies that go straight to tv and don't even get shown in theaters.. see lifetime and sci fi channel lol

anyway its not a conspiracy bro. its simple business and economics at work. you want to milk money from the theaters but you don't want to go overboard or you will end up losing money. those movies you are saying stay in the theater for a while its cause they have the budgets to afford to stay for a long time even without selling tickets. they have the luxury of also making money on DVD sales, pay per view, and then regular tv rights so when you are comparing something like this to a Jennifer Aniston chick flick or Adam Sandler comedy that is comparing apples to oranges.

I guess Friday and Saturday were the only "packed nights, and I'll concede that you were 100% right about why it's only there a week. I wanted to think our sport would get more public attendance for that movie, but evidently not. I have to say that it says something about the moviegoing public, when a documentary can't sell to more than a handful of people, but a senseless film like Good Burger (1999ish) could stay around for months. I wouldn't even have given that one a 15-minute spot on Saturday morning kids' TV!

Charles

cool thanks for seeing it.. its not playing anywhere near me so I am just gonna wait till its out on youtube.. i'm sure it will be downloadable online on some pirate site.

but yeah as much as WE are into this sort of thing SD is right that the general public doesn't have any desire to see it.. I'm also into gardening but if a documentary came out on it i'm sure no one would see it

Did any other EF bros go to see it in Ontario (or anyplace)? I thought there were some members out in the 909, and other places way closer to Ontario than I am. And with so many others I saw who obviously lift, somebody there last night must be on this forum...

Where you been bro? Badminton is HUUUUUUGE now!! Pro badminton players get the hottest chicks. Everybody knows that.

I guess that's why all the new huge superstores are showing up everywhere specializing in badminton gear. There's a 150,000 sq. ft. warehouse downtown "Shuttlecocks R Us". :D

Seriously, it's a legit sport, but like storm chasing (YES that's a sport too), or bodybuilding, we don't hear much about it unless we're in it.

Charles

I took the family to see it last night. I enjoyed it and I think the family semi-enjoyed it.

I took them for 2 reasons:
1. If you want to see more movies like this produced, you need to financially support the effort. So I took the family on a 180 mile round trip.
2. I'm also taking them to the Olympia and I figured they would enjoy, understand and appreciate the Olympia and the contenders more after seeing the movie.

The movie was good, not great, but good. We'll all say that it could never be like Pumping Iron, largely because of our fondness for Arnold and Lou, but in many ways (other than characters) it was just as good.

I read one review where they commented on their (movie makers) missed opportunities to capitalize on and maintain momentum in the movie. Well, I kind of agree. At times the movie would speed up and develop some momentum and then stall, or at least slow down.

But it was enjoyable and there were many interesting parts. You got to see Branch in the old school Metroflex gym that Ronnie went to. You also got to see Ben P hooked up to some machines to monitor the effectiveness of his workouts.

There was also some goofy sh1t like seeing Kai pour supps/pills directly into his mouth from the bottle. Even my kids commented on that.

I haven't been a Phil Heath fan but I enjoyed his part in the movie. He was definitely this films version of Arnold (cocky, developed, talented, confident, and even charismatic). He's at the top for a reason (just my opinion). By the way, I'm a Jay Cutler fan.

Kai seemed a little weird. I'm glad they left out the grapefruit.

can't really find anywhere where this is playing

Lou is an asshole. He's a cocky prick who wont give you a minute or a picture without getting paid for it...I've met MANY athletes, bodybuilders, fighters, and none evern close to Lou in terms of thinking he's the shit....

can't really find anywhere where this is playing

Looks like it's been carried over for more locations! New opening this Friday...

The movie has a FB page, and that's where it says about the re-release.

Charles

Generation Iron
Liked · 19 hours ago

GREAT NEWS! Generation Iron will be expanding to more theaters/locations THIS FRIDAY 9/27!

Here's the new locations:

- Boston, MA
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Seattle, WA
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbus, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- San Francisco, CA
- Kansas City, KS
- Indianapolis, IN
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Minneapolis, MN
- Portland, OR
- Oklahoma city, Oklahoma
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Burbank, CA
- Roseville, CA
- Louisville, KY
- Tucson, AZ
- Reno, NV
- El Paso, NV
- Stony Brook NY
And other parts of Southern and Northern California!

Top Bottom