Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gay men face horrors at the hands of the Elitefitness Message Board and the moderators won't save them

Gays can get in line behind women and children as far as people who I think deserve protection. On second thought, they can step back a few and get behind the elderly and disabled. They ARE men for godsakes, let them take up kickboxing or something. There are little girls in CAR (central African republic) and other outlying areas, that are getting brutally raped daily; next time you open a can of tuna, think about the slave fisherman who is eating gills and fins to bring it to you. We can go on and on about the hoors of the world, but I think forums are an ineffective platform to utilize in fighting something that is basically just juvenile behavior. It's 18 and older, which makes it legal, insensitive, but totally legal to call everyone a teabagging, felching faggot.

Gays can get in line behind women and children as far as people who I think deserve protection. On second thought, they can step back a few and get behind the elderly and disabled. They ARE men for godsakes, let them take up kickboxing or something. There are little girls in CAR (central African republic) and other outlying areas, that are getting brutally raped daily; next time you open a can of tuna, think about the slave fisherman who is eating gills and fins to bring it to you. We can go on and on about the hoors of the world, but I think forums are an ineffective platform to utilize in fighting something that is basically just juvenile behavior. It's 18 and older, which makes it legal, insensitive, but totally legal to call everyone a teabagging, felching faggot.

THIS!

perfect

They are MEN? really dude? Women can't be gay?

And lol and people after this saying its perfect, wtf?

Just because there is worse shit going on in the world doesn't give license to do things slightly less bad because it somehow doesn't matter as much. We should strive to be the best we can in all areas, particularly the ones we have direct control over.

Just because there is worse shit going on in the world doesn't give license to do things slightly less bad because it somehow doesn't matter as much. We should strive to be the best we can in all areas, particularly the ones we have direct control over.

Women are dikes. And the headline said gay men and I was just being specific to the post. I agree, a little, but I can't read minds. If someone earnestly asked me to stop speaking to them a certain way, I would definitely entertain the thought. But you cant, won't don't do that here, cause it'd make you a fucking fgt.

It's perfect because he gets it.

Slightly less bad? Explain to me how it is wrong always and by default to use an offensive word, so wrong that it's slightly less bad than the rape of children or comparable at all to ISIS. Is it wrong at all to be offensive? When and Why? Is there a time it is okay to be offensive? What if the truth offends someone? Is it wrong to tell the truth if it offends?

You are talking about a hypothetical group of people in your imagination that might be offended by people who don't mean to offend them that isn't actually you. Your feelings on this are valid because they're your feelings and all but they are only valid to you. And with all due respect and no offense, I'm having a hard time caring about your feelings on this because I know you're not offended personally because you aren't homosexual. I have a hard time caring about your feelings on this because you're a man and you're white and you haven't had anyone do this to you personally to know what it feels like or really understand what it's like to have someone use who you are as an insult to someone else. I haven't seen you campaign against the use of any other words on this site that are disparaging to other groups of people as insults that are still in use along with fgt to take your perspective seriously. So all I can gather is that you care because you were told to. From what I can tell and until someone says otherwise, no one has been offended here by the use of the word and no actual harm or offense has been done personally to anyone so I just don't care. I see where you're going but you're not all the way there and I think you're a good guy, but I just find it hard to care.

It's perfect because he gets it.

Slightly less bad? Explain to me how it is wrong always and by default to use an offensive word, so wrong that it's slightly less bad than the rape of children or comparable at all to ISIS. Is it wrong at all to be offensive? When and Why? Is there a time it is okay to be offensive? What if the truth offends someone? Is it wrong to tell the truth if it offends?

You are talking about a hypothetical group of people in your imagination that might be offended by people who don't mean to offend them that isn't actually you. Your feelings on this are valid because they're your feelings and all but they are only valid to you. And with all due respect and no offense, I'm having a hard time caring about your feelings on this because I know you're not offended personally because you aren't homosexual. I have a hard time caring about your feelings on this because you're a man and you're white and you haven't had anyone do this to you personally to know what it feels like or really understand what it's like to have someone use who you are as an insult to someone else. I haven't seen you campaign against the use of any other words on this site that are disparaging to other groups of people as insults that are still in use along with fgt to take your perspective seriously. So all I can gather is that you care because you were told to. From what I can tell and until someone says otherwise, no one has been offended here by the use of the word and no actual harm or offense has been done personally to anyone so I just don't care. I see where you're going but you're not all the way there and I think you're a good guy, but I just find it hard to care.

Wrong I am not talking about a hypothetical group.

You do not have to be offended by something personally to advocate for others.

I care because I have seen the hurt it causes to others, it is as simple as that.

What I don't understand is why people are trying to so hard to defend their right to use what amount to gay slurs. Is that really something worth fighting for?

Wrong I am not talking about a hypothetical group.

You do not have to be offended by something personally to advocate for others.

I care because I have seen the hurt it causes to others, it is as simple as that.

What I don't understand is why people are trying to so hard to defend their right to use what amount to gay slurs. Is that really something worth fighting for?

I'm not defending the right to use a word I don't use or rarely use. I think I've used it less than I can count on one hand, and never referencing a homosexual.

Who does it hurt? When someone here is saying the word fgt as an insult to a non homosexual who are they insulting? They aren't insulting homosexuals.

From wiki:

The word faggot has been used in English since the late 16th century as an abusive term for women, particularly old women,[9] and reference to homosexuality may derive from this,[8][10] as female terms are often used with reference to homosexual or effeminate men (cf. nancy, sissy, queen).

Through ethnographic research in a high school setting, CJ Pascoe examines how American high school boys use the term fag. Pascoe's work suggests that boys in high school use the fag epithet as a way to assert their own masculinity, by claiming that another boy is less masculine; this, in their eyes, makes him a fag, and its usage suggests that it is less about sexual orientation and more about gender. One-third of the boys in Pascoe's study claimed that they would not call a homosexual peer a fag; fag is used in this setting as a form of gender policing, in which boys ridicule others who fail at masculinity, heterosexual prowess, or strength. Because boys do not want to be labeled a fag, they hurl the insult at another person. The fag identity does not constitute a static identity attached to the boy receiving the insult. Rather, fag is a fluid identity that boys strive to avoid, often by naming another as the fag. As Pascoe asserts, "[the fag identity] is fluid enough that boys police their behaviors out of fear of having the fag identity permanently adhere and definitive enough so that boys recognize a fag behavior and strive to avoid it".

^ That is how the word is used here. The juvenile, high school slang that is not about sexual orientation, but about gender.

There is a long history of using both fag and faggot in popular culture, usually to denigrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman's 1995 documentary The Celluloid Closet, based on Vito Russo's book of the same name notes the use of fag and faggot throughout Hollywood film history.[16] The Think Before You Speak (campaign) has sought to stop fag and gay being used as generic insults.[17]

^ that is not how the word is used here. This is the hurtful use. Even then, it's use still goes back to meaning feminine or not like a man, therefore supposably a huge insult.

Do you understand the difference and the difference with what and who is actually being insulted here on this site and why I don't care if its' not being directly used to a homosexual as an insult to his sexual orientation but as an insult to a heterosexual man? Why I don't care about fgt used towards a heterosexual man because other words like bitch and pussy are widely used as insults towards men and no one said anything. Because when not directed at them personally it's use isn't about homosexuality. It's about gender. I honestly don't think it's all that insulting, personally but you seem to be horrified by the what the word means. God forbid.

I don't care if they're offended by the use of the word as a generic insult to someone that isn't them. I care even less that you're telling me I should care. Tough toenails, gays, welcome to the club!

Top Bottom