Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining Mass before Cutting Help!!!

CLKenny

I'm currently 16 weeks out, and need to put on mass,

I'm a female 5'9, 140lbs and 15% BF,

I would like to start cutting around 10 weeks and will be eliminating 625 calories from my diet per day to reach my goal of 10%.

Currently I'm intaking 2,750 calories to bulk up,

Does that sound feasible,

This will be my first competition at the Novice Level.

Also does anyone know what percent of BF I would need to be able to compete.
Looking forward to any advice I can get

CLKenny said:
I'm currently 16 weeks out, and need to put on mass,

I'm a female 5'9, 140lbs and 15% BF,

I would like to start cutting around 10 weeks and will be eliminating 625 calories from my diet per day to reach my goal of 10%.

Currently I'm intaking 2,750 calories to bulk up,

Does that sound feasible,

This will be my first competition at the Novice Level.

Also does anyone know what percent of BF I would need to be able to compete.
Looking forward to any advice I can get

How is that number of calories working for you now? Also what is the macro nutrient break down (% prot / fat / carb). If you are a hard gainer, do you also have an easy time dropping bodyfat? You'd want to be no more than 15% at 10 weeks out and dependign on how you wear your mass - you need to be around 10-12% to be on stage. Hard to put a number on exactly what you HAVE to have because no one measures it - rather how you look / wear your mass. YOu generally need to be lean but not cut up too much, but still have a six pack and tight buns.

The competition is the IDFA International Drug Free Athletics.

The ratio for fat/carbs/protein is 20/40/40,

Thanks for the great info on body percentages, I"m definitely going to keep track and make sure i'm 15% at 10 weeks out,

Thanks so much

IMO 12-16 weks is needed to prepare for a contest. ESPECIALLY if it is your first comp. With 10 weeks contest prep you leave about zero time to account for mistakes. With a 16 week precontest plan you can lose the weight more slowly thus preserving your overall muscular shape. Secondly i dont think 6 weeks is enough time to add quality muscle during a mass gaining routine. I usually take 12 weeks for mass, 12-15 weeks for precontest. You need time to slowly increase your caloric intake during a mass gaining cycle to minimize fat gain, and you need time to slowly decrease your caloric intake during contest prep to minimize muscle loss. To have success in this sport you need experience...., experience...., experience. The reason being is that nothing is text book. What works for you might not work for me and vice versa. Only YOU know how your body responds to different types of training strategy and diet planning. This being said the more time you take for a contest the better especially when you are just starting out to allow for trial and error. Once you have done a few shows you should have a good grasp on what you need to do to peak at the right time.

Top Bottom