Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gain weight but not fat?

icer2k

What can I take to gain weight but NOT fat?...im 175 right now...want to be 200 for football...but also would like to be cut for summer...since u guys convinced me to stay away from the gear..what are all the best supps to use to gain weight and strength..but not fat?...16 175lbs 6'0 15%bf...ohh and im already taking Creatine from GNC

hey man

kinda felt bad that nobody responded to this question so here's my 2 cents

first off,your asking the wrong question first-you should be asking about diet and training first...i know i know...your probably rollin ur eyes about now..but read on...every newb has to ask/learn sometime...and i wish that i had put diet first years ago!

eat at least 20-25 cals per lb o b.w. depending on metabolism.train hard/smart,rest big,eat BIGGGGGGG!
if you get diet/training down and still wanna kick it up a notch,i would suggest creatine as a good strength booster,itll also help u gain some quick (intramuscular?)weight.as far as keepin it lean and not fat...try high dose alpha lipoic acid bro,this shit is great!do some research on it and read the old posts by fonz on it.

p.s.-If you put supps before good diet/training you WILL fail.hope u realize this so u dont spin ur wheels like most do at first,plus....u wanna be big on that football field dontcha?!
peace

Gaining "weight" w/o gaining some temporary body fat is quite a balancing act! Especially if you're at a relatively low bf% presently. Here's my advice:

You MUST track your diet closely. Eat a balanced diet approx 50% carbs/ 25% protein/ 25% fats. just a couple hundred cals above your maintenance cals. Track your progress (weight/ bf%) weekly. If maintaining or losing weight, adjust cals up a hundred or two. If gaining too much fat, adjust cals down a couple hundred. If gaining about a pound a week w/o much bf% increase, you're on the right track. Once you plateau - adjust cals accordingly.

Most BB'ers opt to do "bulking" and "cutting" cycles. There's no doubt that over feeding causes an anabolic stimulus, but how much over feeding is necessary??? That is a topic up for discussion.

Here is a link to an informative thread regarding gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27018

first off,your asking the wrong question first-you should be asking about diet and training first...i know i know...your probably rollin ur eyes about now..but read on...every newb has to ask/learn sometime...and i wish that i had put diet first years ago!

Ahem!!!!!:angel:

I agree with a lot that juggernaut7 & Complete Muscle have posted. But I suggest eating a "clean" diet but upping the cals so you aren't burning the cals off!

Take your current body weigth x 15 = maintance cal intake
Take your body weight x 17 (or 18) = growth cals! (you are intaking more than your body burns...means you will grow..but you'll gain a belly as well...fair trade off!)

Clean diet is (IMO): Lean meat (sirloin, chicken breast, fish), good complex carb (sweet or baked potato, rice, oatmeal) and a fiber carb (greens...turip, collard, spinch, broccoli).

You can have a cheat meal once or twice a week (pizza, burger,..)

I also suggest a higher protein diet: 40% protein, 30% carbs (complex and fiber), 30% fat (extra vir olive oil, flax seed, EFA)

This will help you build lean muscle with the least amount of added body fat. But this is a strict diet...I should say a strict eating life style!

Top Bottom