Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fundamentals

Lord_Suston

We all have different Goals in our training; some want to be Bodybuilders or Powerlifters, yet others aspire to be Strongmen or shed a few pounds but there are certain things you need every workout.

A) Perfect form, bouncing, jerking, relying on ones spotter is not gonna help you. Form is gonna keep you from getting injured. Form is gonna keep you safe so you can train harder and years longer.

B)Egoes gotta go; so you can lift a lot, know your limits and get a spotter. Warmup those extra sets if you need them. In the gym you are there only to impress one person: yourself, if you did one more rep then you have progressed, if you have better form you have progressed, if you stress the muscle you have progressed.

C)Compound lifts are a must unless medically advised against it. To burn those extra calories or stress those muscles or help functional strength you need these lifts. These lifts done correctly will help build stronger muscles, bones, ligaments and tendons.

D)Your training is serious, yes you can have fun but if you want to socialize go to a bar. Give all you got cause down the road in a few years you don't want to be the person that says "what if???" You get and much as you put in.

E) Be smart, if you feel overtrained, take a break. If your tendons feel bad then avoid the excercises that cause that and rest. You can avoid overtraining easily with some smarts

D)Training is in and out of the gym. Without Sleep or Proper nutrition you can't expect optimal results, you put in so much effort just to stab yourself in the back. You grow outside of the gym!!!

F) Hit up your weak spots. Make them your strengths, don't avoid them cause you aren't good at it cause sooner or later it might just come back to hurt you.

Excellent post. I agree with everything you said. People need to get back the basics and really learn to do what they want to do. I see time and time again how people are cutting with a 1200 calorie diet and they are losing so much weight so quickly. Or how someone does 4 different excersizes for just their biceps because they like having big biceps. Learn to train before you even start. Get yourself on track with your diet and make a good schedule. Get plenty of rest and dont overtrain. All these combined makes you bound for success.

not to pee on your parade......

but it seems like there are more and more of these posts lately. are you getting a lot of stupid pm's or something?

but the info is good

these have been a given for me from the get-go. good info atleast for starting trainers.

Excellent read.

I never have to go back to the basics cuz I never left em and never will..........

Top Bottom